Coupang is one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce platforms on the planet. We are on a mission to revolutionize everyday lives for our customers, employees and partners. We solve problems no one has solved before to create a world where people ask, “How did we ever live without Coupang?” Coupang is a global company with offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, and Silicon Valley.
Coupang’s Vision Intelligence is the key team responsible for leveraging Computer Vision and Natural Language Processing algorithms and technologies to make an impact on Coupang’s customer teams like Pricing, Catalog, Search & Discovery, Coupang Media Group etc. We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting-edge advances in and to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers’ experiences in ways we can’t even imagine yet. You will get the opportunity to work with a unique and gifted team developing exciting products for consumers, both internal and external, and collaborate with cross-functional teams. Our services need to handle information at massive scale and extend well beyond simple recommendation systems. We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing etc.
- Develop solutions for real world, large-scale machine learning and artificial intelligence problems.
- Enable research scientists to scale new ML models and deploy in production environments.
- Providing technical direction to junior engineers and scientists’ in the team.
- Establish and execute short and long-term design and architectural roadmaps for key team projects.
- Driving continual improvement to the efficiency and flexibility of the existing services while keeping high bar for customer trust, performance and availability.
- Participate in cutting edge research in artificial intelligence and machine learning applications.
- Strong problem-solving ability.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- 4+ years of solid work with fundamental algorithms, system design, and large distributed systems
- 4+ years of professional coding experience using modern programming language such as Java, Scala, Kotlin, Python, C++, C#, etc.
- Bonus – Knowledge of Convolutional Neural Networks, Transformer Networks, PyTorch and/or TensorFlow
- Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Experience communicating with users, other technical teams and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs and product strategy
- Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills and make them more effective software engineers
- Experience influencing software engineering best practices within your team
- Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
- Experience working backwards from the customer and delivering innovative, simple solutions
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, transgender status), national origin, age, disability, medical condition, HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis C status, marital status, military or veteran status, use of a trained dog guide or service animal, political activities, affiliations, citizenship, or any other characteristic or class protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.