We are seeking a talented and dynamic Strategy and Planning leader to manage our growing Private Label business in Coupang. This is a unique opportunity to play a key role in a strategic growth initiative for Private Label in its earliest stage. The ideal candidate will by highly analytical, comfortable dealing with ambiguity, and operate with immense bias for action. This position will be responsible for developing the strategic vision and operationalize business execution for all Private Label’s categories in marketplaces. The strategy leader will be responsible for developing business strategies to drive sales, margin, turns and inventory health. They will be relentless in conceptualizing, driving and delivering innovative solutions for business growth and be willing to roll-up sleeves in order to do so. The ideal candidate will have excellent dive deep capabilities, good attention to detail and should be able to work across customer orientation and work with cross-functional partners to identify growth opportunity in each category.
The candidate will accomplish this by applying data driven decisions, leading continuous output of strategic important initiatives, and maintaining a deep knowledge of the product line and its customers. You will be a thought leader by influencing others to take action through scalable systems and processes, rather than just addressing issues. You own identifying and driving these strategic projects across the PL business. You will contribute to the annua
l planning process and final plan in coordination with the Product Management team. Flexibility and the ability to prioritize in a changing business environment will also be key. Our team culture is goal-oriented, collaborative and driven to achieve results. We seek an individual who is motivated by a fast-paced and highly entrepreneurial environment. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a breadth and depth of knowledge in the following disciplines:
In this role you will:
• Optimize the customer experience through formulation and execution of strategic initiatives
• Monitor, analyze and own key performance indicators
- Analyze business strategies and position to optimize from overall business down to specific SKU performance
• Perform audits of performance, tools and systems ensuring settings are correct and optimized. Automate whenever possible.
• Establish the right strategic goals and priorities for the business.
• Establish and maintain strong supplier operational relationships leading to better strategic execution.
• Identify, recommend, and implement opportunities for operational improvements.
• Foster global relationships with internal teams and contribute toward developing and refining Coupang’s buying tools and systems.
- Bachelor’s degree
• Extensive experience in strategy, planning, business development management and/or finance; including experience leading large cross-functional projects
• Experience hiring and developing high performance teams; including experience working with remote teams
• Experience creating and setting annual operating plan and presenting to Senior Leadership
- MBA or Master's degree
• Numerical and analytical aptitude; proficient in Excel and SQL
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills; including ability to earn trust, influence and collaborate at all levels
• Demonstrated creativity and business judgment; ability to think and react in a dynamic environment
• Experience working with large datasets efficiently, identifying problems and finding solutions, and building/improving processes
• Organizational skills including prioritizing, scheduling, and time management and meeting deadlines; detail-oriented and bias for action