Coupang is one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce platforms on the planet. Our mission is to create a world in which Customers ask, “How did I ever live without Coupang?” We are looking for passionate builders to help us get there. Powered by world-class technology and operations, we have set out to transform the end-to-end Customer experience -- from revolutionizing last-mile delivery to rethinking how Customers search and discover on a truly mobile-first platform. We have been named one of the “50 Smartest Companies in the World” by MIT Technology Review and “30 Global Game Changers” by Forbes.
Coupang is a global company with offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, and Silicon Valley.
Reporting to the Director of Corporate Applications, your mission is to;
- Assist Corporate IT to effectively direct and lead a global team of internal application, infrastructure and IT infrastructure staff and external vendors.
- Assist with planning, including budget projections and project related budget management.
- Develop and oversee company-wide (end to end) project work plans; integrating activities, milestones and interdependencies across multiple projects/work streams, including relevant updates on plans; drive early anticipation of risks and issues, ensuring and tracking appropriate milestone plans.
- Interface and work closely with multiple business and technology teams in order to define, streamline, build, automate, monitor and drive infrastructure, technology, governance and process enhancement projects and programs.
- Enabling project leads and project managers with the tools and techniques necessary to execute professional project management; establish and contribute to improve excellence in project management.
- Oversee development and execution of projects, including holding planning and execution to the highest standards.
- Lead on development and execution of metrics and reporting.
- Ensuring the day-to-day operational and tactical aspects of multiple or large-scale projects are being managed
- Overseeing multiple jobs simultaneously
- Aligning resources, motivate and inspire the team
- Be a mentor and coach, guiding the team
- Ensure detailed plans are in place for projects. Includes project sequencing work, & efficiency
- Set goals for the team, implement strategies for achieving these goals
- Apply / review lessons learned with the team throughout the project
- Ensure systems and processes are being adhered to, identifying trends; determining system improvements, resolving problems and completing audits
- Perform high-level reviews of project efficiency & productivity, labor hours, comp rate, material budgets, and other job expenses
- Manage the financial performance of projects assigned to you/team reporting to you
- Works to determine appropriate revenue recognition, ensures accurate invoicing, and monitors receivables for projects
- Ensure Change Order Management systems and processes are being met
- Achieves operational objectives by preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, System Engineering or related discipline
- 20+ years of working experience in which 10+ years spent in program management of global and regional initiatives
- Certified PMI Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, System Engineering or related discipline
- Previous experience supporting Finance, Accounting, Data Warehouse, ISO, SOX, IFRS, GAAP, Engineering Infrastructure, initiatives
- Previous experience with SAP HANA and ERP initiatives
- Previous experience in process engineering such P2P, RTR, PTI
- Proven track record of stakeholder engagement for a diverse stakeholder audience
- Maturity to drive delivery, ensure quality and manage relationships across teams/departments and geographic boundaries
- Ability to influence, negotiate and partner across multiple projects and teams/departments to achieve a specific agenda
- Positive attitude and value team work
- Possess excellent cross-group collaboration and communication skills, with strong problem solving skills, analytical capabilities, and attention to details
- Selecting appropriate tools for the job
- Multi-tasking work independently within a teamwork-based culture
- Ability to resolve conflict and grow team strength; Communicate technical information
- Proficiency in planning and reporting tools: Atlassian (jira, portfolio align)
- Vendor management