Coupang is one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce platforms on the planet. We are on a mission to revolutionize everyday lives for our customers, employees and partners. We solve problems no one has solved before to create a world where people ask, “How did we ever live without Coupang?” Coupang is a global company with offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, and Silicon Valley.
Build next generation infrastructure to support Coupang’s phenomenal growth. Our team owns Coupang’s core infrastructure. We are in a process of building modern system to replace our aging technical stack. You will have a rare opportunity to put your vision and contributions into Coupang’s engineering system built for next 10 years. Your responsibility includes launching our next generation deployment system on Kubernetes and AWS for the company-wide to achieve smooth workload rollout at large scale, and developing our in-house API Gateway and Service Mesh solution.
- You will architect and drive the build out of Coupang’s next generation infrastructure frameworks.
- You will build durable code, with the ability to scale with very large data volumes.
- Build our next generation deployment system on K8S and AWS for the company-wide to achieve zero downtime and smooth upgrading under large scale.
- Operate and develop new features on our in-house API Gateway and Service Mesh to the company-wide.
- Keep innovate on using AWS Cloud based component (Service Based) to replace our existing company data center hardware.
- BS or advanced degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering
- 5+ years of Software Engineering
- Experience in architecting, building and maintaining large-scale service infrastructures
- Experience in Java, distributed systems, micro services
- A strong team player; Ability to quickly triage and troubleshoot complex problems
- Strong CI/CD experiences and be able to understand and implement the automatic deployment.
- Strong AWS Cloud Background on both development and operation.
- Autonomy to make decisions in a rapidly growing company
- 18 days PTO + 12 national holidays off
- 401K matching
- Pre-IPO stock options
- Mobile & fitness reimbursement
- Catered lunches
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, transgender status), national origin, age, disability, medical condition, HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis C status, marital status, military or veteran status, use of a trained dog guide or service animal, political activities, affiliations, citizenship, or any other characteristic or class protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.