Coupang is one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce platforms on the planet. We are on a mission to revolutionize everyday lives for our customers, employees and partners. We solve problems no one has solved before to create a world where people ask, “How did we ever live without Coupang?” Coupang is a global company with offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, and Silicon Valley.
The Search and Discovery Platform team is responsible for creating platforms that serves the Coupang user requests from all the frontend pages including Search and Category. As the platform team responsible for serving millions of requests from users our mission is to build highly scalable and extensible platform that is also highly availability and robust.
As part of our technology team, you will help architect and implement our next generation serving platform. You will also help the team to bring industry best practices in software development. Additionally, as a senior developer you will help junior members in the team to improve their engineering skills. You'll use a variety of technologies such as Hystrics, Cassandra, Kafka etc. to build pioneering e-commerce experience in new global markets.
We are a global engineering team located in Silicon Valley and Seoul, South Korea.
- Build an extensible and scalable serving platform to support our growing Customer base and selection
- Drive the highest quality of architecture and design of systems.
- Decompose complex problems into simple, straightforward solutions.
- Possess expert knowledge in performance, scalability and availability
- Leverage knowledge of internal and industry best practices in design.
- Deep-dive and handle critical system issues.
- Collaborate with other search and discovery teams to make the platform open and extensible to unlock innumerable opportunities for innovations.
Who we are looking for!
- Bachelor's degree and/or Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- At least 3-5 years of experience working on software design and development in Java, C++
- Hands-on experience with designing, building and deploying scalable, highly available systems
- Experience with cloud computing like AWS
- Large system architecture design and development experience
- Experience with Java / IntelliJ / Spring environment
- Experience of developing RESTful web services and performance tuning
- Experience with Cassandra, Spark and Hbase
- Experience with Kafka and stream processing
- Ability to work in multicultural, cross functional team
- Experience in rxJava and reactive programming
Recruitment Process and Others
1. Recruitment Process: Application Review - Phone Interview - Onsite Interview - Offer
(The recruitment process may be different depending on the job and may be changed due to scheduling and circumstances.)
a. This job post may be closed early if all openings are filled.
b. If there is any false information in the application, the offer may be cancelled.
c. Veteran status or disability will not result in any disadvantages in the recruitment process.
d. Interview schedules and the results will be informed to the applicant via the e-mail address submitted at the application stage.