Coupang is reimagining the shopping experience with the goal of wowing each customer from the instant they open the Coupang app to the moment an order is delivered to their door.
Powered by an outstanding end-to-end e-commerce and logistics network and a fanatical culture of customer centricity, Coupang has broken tradeoffs around speed, selection and price. Today, we provide exceedingly fast shipping speeds on millions of items including fresh groceries, delivered within hours nationwide, 365 days a year.
We are doing this for millions of consumers in Korea. Korea is home to one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce opportunities anywhere in the world.
Coupang’s information security team is looking for a Principal Application Security Architect with excellent experiences in Application security, DevSecOp, code review, K8s/container security automation, AWS security, and vulnerability management automation.
You will be joining a global security team at one of the biggest and fastest growing e-commerce companies in the world with some of the brightest minds. The team is responsible for developing highly secure and resilient security services to support Coupang's fast-growing customers, business, and innovations. It is a fast pace, result driven, and culture friendly environment. You will have the opportunity to secure one of the industry leading E-Commerce platforms and services (both software and hardware), leading the security initiatives and innovation, and gain trust from our customers with top notch security assurance. It is the best timing and opportunity to join a fast-growing e-commerce company in a critical team.
What you will do
- Provide guidance and subject matter expertise in application security, DevSecOp, security architecture, and data security to engineering teams across the company
- Lead secure code review and mitigation
- Apply risk-based thinking enabling teams to make the right security decisions and priorities
- Develop and promote the adoption of security patterns and practices of using AWS and other internal and third-party services
- Build tools and automation that enable Coupang developers to easily consume security services delivered by the security team
- Partner with platform and engineering teams to integrate security controls into continuous integration, delivery and deployment processes
- Build strong relationships with Coupang's technical teams and cultivate a culture of security awareness and ownership
- Provide hands on security training and secure coding best practices to developers
- Identify gaps in existing security architecture and design and recommend changes or enhancements
- Strong foundation and in-depth technical knowledge in application security, security engineering, computer and network security, authentication and security protocols, and applied cryptography
- Understanding of Software Security Architecture and Design, SDLC and the ability to clearly articulate best practices for application security
- Hands on experience in Threat Modeling, SAST, DAST, and Web application security including OWASP 10 and SANS 25
- Experience with public cloud environments and technologies, including Amazon Web Services (AWS) or other
- Experience in DevSecOps environments and automating security controls into the CI/CD process
- Experience with Jenkins or other CI tools and knowledge of technologies like containers and microservices
- Bachelor degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related field or equivalent experience
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, transgender status), national origin, age, disability, medical condition, HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis C status, marital status, military or veteran status, use of a trained dog guide or service animal, political activities, affiliations, citizenship, or any other characteristic or class protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.