Coupang is one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce platforms on the planet. We are on a mission to revolutionize everyday lives for our customers, employees and partners. We solve problems no one has solved before to create a world where people ask, “How did we ever live without Coupang?” Coupang is a global company with offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, and Silicon Valley.
Team Description :
Coupang Private Label Quality team is looking for a smart, energetic, hard-working, and creative member to join our team. The successful candidate shows excellent judgment and instincts in decision making and proactively and continually improves their level of knowledge about Coupang’s business, its platform, and relevant technologies. This is an exciting and challenging position that provides Product Quality support as a Subject Matter Expert in the Seoul Coupang office to ensure product safety, conformity, reliability, and deliver customer satisfaction. We are looking for Household Chemicals / Quasi-drug Quality talents with direct experience in design and manufacturing operations, testing and quality strategies to support our rapidly growing and evolving business.
- Applying SME level knowledge of quality strategies and processes in Household Chemicals / Quasi-drug product categories by engagement with contract manufacturers and Original design manufacturer
- Develop and implement Product evaluation programs and carry out Product performance appraisals at ongoing basis.
- Develop best-in-class processes and systems and drive continual improvement.
- Drive scalable business solutions which ensure customer satisfaction
- Monitor and report on Product quality and performance; communicate technical, quality, and process requirements to non-technical stakeholders
- Monitor and train Vendors to improve quality and customer satisfaction performance
- Ensuring that the supply chain companies develop their Products in line with the design intent of the customer and verify Products and associated description to ensure they are compliant with relevant regulations and meet the end customer’s needs.
- Manage the Product improvement opportunities, root cause analysis and corrective actions process of Product quality issues based on data
- Knowledge of product quality and product development processes in high volume Household Chemicals / Quasi-drug manufacturing industries
- Collaboration, Influencing, Negotiation, Determination and Resiliency
- Bachelor’s degree required with a Science or Engineering
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience with consumer product quality program management
- A mix of quality and project management experience
- Specific knowledge and experience in Household Chemicals / Quasi-drug products
- Private label product development
- Strong attention to detail and excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work with technical and non-technical business owners to get things done
- Must be able to think creatively and possess strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Must be able to use Excel, Word and other common desktop software applications.
- Fluent (verbal and written) in Korean and English.
- Ability to thrive in a high energy environment where tactical and strategic activities are driven in parallel
- Excellent business judgment and a practical, common sense approach to getting things done.
- Previous experience in consumer retail: Household Chemicals / Quasi-drug.
- Ability to work independently and autonomously.
- Good problem solving skills: acts decisively, promptly and confidently. Not afraid to contradict others and proactively offering solutions.
- Excellent creative thinking skills with emphasis on developing innovative solutions to solve complex problems that may not have one clear answer
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Strong problem solving, initiative and follow-through skills.
- Strong presentation and training delivery experience.
- Working knowledge of lean six sigma and process improvement methodologies
- Key Competencies: overall process ownership; deals well with ambiguity, functions well and able to clearly define processes in loosely structured situations; comfortable with following up on actions from others and closing the loop
- Relevant manufacturing/engineering degree is preferred
Recruitment Process and Others
1. Recruitment Process: Application Review - Phone Interview - Onsite Interview - Offer
(The recruitment process may be different depending on the job and may be changed due to scheduling and circumstances.)
a. This job post may be closed early if all openings are filled.
b. If there is any false information in the application, the offer may be cancelled.
c. Veteran status or disability will not result in any disadvantages in the recruitment process.
d. Interview schedules and the results will be informed to the applicant via the e-mail address submitted at the application stage.