Coupang is one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce platforms on the planet. We are on a mission to revolutionize everyday lives for our customers, employees and partners. We solve problems no one has solved before to create a world where people ask, “How did we ever live without Coupang?”
About the role:
In this role you will build and manage the global development team focused on the design, building and operation of systems that will drive management of retail selection on Coupang. The systems you build will 1) Help seller services at Coupang manage millions of products by providing real-time decision support and automation and 2) Improve how vendors manage, market and merchandise their products on Coupang.
- A deep understanding of software development in a team, software development methodologies and scheduling, a track record of shipping software on time, services development, and people management to this high-accountability role.
- 10+ years leading or managing software development teams, strong technical credentials and hands-on architectural or distributed systems experience.
- Experience building, managing and working with international teams.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and demonstrate proven technical leadership.
- Strong analytical skills with excellent problem solving abilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or the equivalent strongly preferred.
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive. High on bias for action.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or MBA strongly preferred.
- Large scale distributed systems experience is a plus.
- Effective communications skills (both verbal and written) - can present to executive team.
- Can quickly build technical credibility.
- Smart about choosing between fast and right.
- TPM/PM experience.
- Autonomy to make decisions in a rapidly growing company
- Free medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 18 days PTO + 12 national holidays off
- 401K matching
- Pre-IPO stock options
- Mobile & fitness reimbursement
- Flexible working hours
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, transgender status), national origin, age, disability, medical condition, HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis C status, marital status, military or veteran status, use of a trained dog guide or service animal, political activities, affiliations, citizenship, or any other characteristic or class protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.