Coupang is one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce platforms on the planet. We are on a mission to revolutionize everyday lives for our customers, employees and partners. We solve problems no one has solved before to create a world where people ask, “How did we ever live without Coupang?” Coupang is a global company with offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, and Silicon Valley.
The Marketplace Small Business Group contributes directly to the Coupang mission by connecting every small business in Korea with their customers on Coupang helping them grow through solutions like Coupang Marketplace Store, Coupang advertising, and product marketing and merchandising driving access to the millions of Coupang daily customers. We succeed when we help our sellers grow their business. The Small Business Group at Coupang is one of two sales channels responsible for Coupang’s Marketplace business. Our Small Business Group team supports 95% of Coupang’s sellers via scaled sales channels like email, notifications, self-service resources and specialist calls. Our potential business is even larger with tens of thousands of more SMB sellers in Korea.
The Director is the leader of the Small Business Sales leadership team and will work collaboratively with Marketing, Sales Directors and Business Operations to redefine Couopang’s small business sales pipeline as we expand our acquisition efforts. He/she will stand up a new function within SBG, developing critical demand management strategies, resourcing and tooling for our high-volume sales engagement model. This role will be responsible for establishing sales development fundamentals like demand generation, lead qualification, lead scoring, routing and utilization of our outsourced specialists working across a variety of sales programs. Strong understanding of sales development analytics, agent utilization models and infrastructure is a must, as establishing the function will involve close collaboration with data and engineering to design models, tooling and workflows required to support demand.
Additionally, we are seeking a visionary leader who enjoys building from the ground up and leveraging their expertise and creativity to design what’s next. Ideal candidates will have experience building and managing scaled sales teams, overseeing outsourced operations, recognizing patterns of success (and failure) quickly, and working cross-functionally. Success in this position requires a passion for leadership, strong analytical skills, and the ability to thrive in a dynamic, collaborative environment.
- Create long term vision, and execute incremental plans to achieve it
- Successfully design and manage a high volume sales pipeline
- Collaborate on new data models, tooling and infrastructure
- Innovate demand management systems and strategies as business scales
- People leadership responsibilities including developing managers, building organizational structures, recruiting, training, development
- Build strong working relationships with leaders across Coupang teams (e.g. product, engineering, sales, marketing, business development, human resources, business planning/operations and finance)
- Bachelor's Degree
- 10+ years experience in sales, sales management, and/or operations
- 5+ years team/people leadership experience including recruiting, training, and development
- Demonstrated experience with analytical businesses, strong quantitative skills
- Proven experience organizing, influencing and communicating cross-functionally
- 3+ years CRM experience as required
- 3+ years Salesforce CRM experience as preferred qualifications
- Bilingual in Korean and English
- Global experience (including work outside of Korea, or working with global companies)
- Experience managing high volume sales pipelines for outsourced sales
- MBA or Masters Degree
- Experience working with executive leadership in rapidly growing and evolving organizations
- Ability to converse with customer stakeholders including CPs, VP’s Supply Chain, CIO, CMO, etc
- Proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
Location : Seoul, Korea
Recruitment Process (Subject to Change):
Application Review – Phone Interview – Onsite Interview – Offer