Coupang is one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce platforms on the planet. We are on a mission to revolutionize everyday lives for our customers, employees and partners. We solve problems no one has solved before to create a world where people ask, “How did we ever live without Coupang?” Coupang is a global company with offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, and Silicon Valley.
Team Description (3-5 sentences):
- Strategic Planning is a newly established department at Coupang focused on driving strategic projects and initiatives across the whole company
- Direct reporting to Sr. Director Strategic Planning who leads the department
- High exposure to COO and CEO and various business leaders
- Direct reporting to Sr. Director Strategic Planning and co-working with Business Analyst
- Help to define strategy and set strategic goals across various parts of the business depending on the current company priorities
- Address key strategic questions through analytical frameworks and insights to inform key decisions based on thorough analysis of relevant data sources
- Identify key business insights to drive business decisions and actions
- Perform ad hoc analyses to help the business make strategic decisions, identify growth opportunities, and drive towards efficiency
- Communicate findings and insights to diverse audiences - from senior leaders to new hires to subject matter experts
- Be a strategic thought partner to team members in different parts of the business
- 4+ years of analytical or strategy experience (e.g., strategy consulting, investment banking, private equity or corporate strategy group)
- Experience synthesizing information quickly, distilling key takeaways, and presenting insights to senior leadership
- Experience working with large sets of structured and unstructured data and synthesizing into business insights
- Strong business sense, problem solving skills and “nose for value”, high attention to detail and can-do attitude
- High standards and a bias toward action
- Effective, clear, and concise communication skills, verbal and written. Experience communicating with senior leaders and cross-functional teams alike
- Ability to meet tight deadlines, prioritize workload and achieve effective results in fast-paced and dynamic environment; effective multi-tasking skills are vital
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Excel and Power Point
- BA / BS degree
- Bilingual Korean and English (working proficiency)
- 2+ years of working experiences at a global consulting company
- MBA is a plus
- Previous experience in e-commerce and other internet-based industries; retail
- SQL, Python experience is a plus
- Experience with Tableau also a plus
Recruitment Process and Others
1. Recruitment Process: Application Review - Phone Interview - Onsite Interview - Offer
(The recruitment process may be different depending on the job and may be changed due to scheduling and circumstances.)
a. This job post may be closed early if all openings are filled.
b. If there is any false information in the application, the offer may be cancelled.
c. Veteran status or disability will not result in any disadvantages in the recruitment process.
d. Interview schedules and the results will be informed to the applicant via the e-mail address submitted at the application stage.