Coupang is one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce platforms on the planet. We are on a mission to revolutionize everyday lives for our customers, employees and partners. We solve problems no one has solved before to create a world where people ask, "How did we ever live without Coupang?" We are getting close to $5 billion in revenue in 2018 which is about 70% year over year growth. And, we recently complete a funding round of $2B from SoftBank’s Vision Fund, which brings our valuation by some conservative estimates to over $9B.
Coupang is a global company with offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, and Silicon Valley.
As our Principal Software Engineer for Marketing Platform, you will be responsible for building the core platform and services that power Coupang's growth by using real-time stream processing and machine learning to build scalable AI services that will be used across all of Coupang.
- Build scalable systems that will have a direct impact on customer acquisition, experience, conversion and retention
- Take full ownership of the product : from development to cloud deployment
- Establish and execute short and long-term architectural roadmaps for the business
- Drive continuous improvement to the efficiency and flexibility of the platform and services while keeping high bar for customer trust, performance and availability
- 5+ years of professional software development experience
- Excellent coding skills, with emphasis on object-oriented design, data structures, algorithms, problem solving, refactoring, performance improvement and complexity analysis
- Experience with open source frameworks and technologies, like Spring, AWS, APIs, NoSQL, Big Data Technologies (Spark, Elastic Search, Kafka etc.)
- Hands on Java
- Distributed systems experience is a must, should be skilled at building applications at scale, and working on tradeoffs based on business demand
- Taking ownership comes naturally to you and you thrive in an environment where priorities and requirements are not always clear.
- Comfortable working in an agile fast paced startup-like environment and you have the ability to learn fast.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Experience with large datasets
- Experience communicating with users, other technical teams and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs and product strategy
- Experience influencing software engineering best practices
- Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
- Experience working backwards from the customer and delivering innovative, simple solutions
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, transgender status), national origin, age, disability, medical condition, HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis C status, marital status, military or veteran status, use of a trained dog guide or service animal, political activities, affiliations, citizenship, or any other characteristic or class protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.