Coupang is one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce platforms on the planet. Our mission is to create a world in which Customers ask “How did I ever live without Coupang?” We are looking for passionate builders to help us get there. Powered by world-class technology and operations, we have set out to transform the end-to-end Customer experience -- from revolutionizing last-mile delivery to rethinking how Customers search and discover on a truly mobile-first platform. We have been named one of the “50 Smartest Companies in the World” by MIT Technology Review and “30 Global Game Changers” by Forbes.
Coupang is a global company with offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, and Silicon Valley.
About the role:
Coupang is looking for a smart, customer obsessed, driven, and creative candidate to help us build and drive key categories. The Associate Vendor Manager will be responsible for working closely with top suppliers in the industry and supporting Vendor Managers in all aspects of the business. Associate Vendor Manager responsibilities include 1) project managements; 2) vendor onboarding; 3) conducting strategic business analysis 4) operational improvement 5) driving the top and bottom line of the overall P&L while working closely with the Retail, Supply Chain and various other Cross-functional teams. This position offers you the opportunity to work at one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce platforms on the planet, and learn the functions of buying, inventory management, site merchandising and marketing.
Some specific things you’ll work on:
- Manage new and existing vendor relationships including day-to-day relationships
- Conduct ongoing business analysis in support of selection expansion, profitability improvement, sales growth and more.
- Negotiating for best costs and promotional funding
- Ideate, execute and analyze onboarding and launch plans for new brands that increase product discoverability and lead to customer conversion.
- Coordinate cross-functional teams, and communicate with internal and external parties, while meeting tight deadlines
- Drive P&L improvements for his or her respective vendors, possessing a complete understanding of internal and external variables that impact the business. This entails owning forecasting, monitoring, and reporting on suppliers, along with responsibility for driving strategic projects to achieve business objectives.
What we’re looking for:
This candidate must be able to work in a highly demanding but collegial environment where teamwork is a must. The right candidate will be flexible, action and results oriented, and self-starting, but willing to take direction as needed. They must also be decisive and able to move with speed to implement their ideas with the support of their management.
- Bachelor's degree
- 1+ years of experience in buying, product management, vendor management, retail, e-commerce
- Proficiency with Excel and extracting data through varied reporting tools in order to drive and influence business decisions
- Ability to prioritize work in a complex, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work with ambiguous problems.
Bonus points for:
- Bilingual in Korean
- Recent experience with creating Tableau reports
- Relevant experience in retail, operations or e-commerce.
- Proven experience leading cross-functional projects
- Strong communication skills - speaking, writing, presenting and negotiating
- Ability to operate simultaneously and effectively in both tactical and strategic modes
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, transgender status), national origin, age, disability, medical condition, HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis C status, marital status, military or veteran status, use of a trained dog guide or service animal, political activities, affiliations, citizenship, or any other characteristic or class protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.