Coupang is one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce platforms on the planet. We are on a mission to revolutionize everyday lives for our customers, employees and partners. We solve problems no one has solved before to create a world where people ask, “How did we ever live without Coupang?” Coupang is a global company with offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, and Silicon Valley.
As our Director Business Analysis for Search and Discovery Analytics, you will be responsible for operational reporting and insights to make our consumer experience world-class. Millions of Customers shop in Coupang, generating billions of data points. The Business Analytics team brings this data together to generate actionable insights, answer complex business questions, and help us deepen our understanding of Customers.
- Developing new Customer experience metrics and insights that will help us create the best shopping experience
- Providing thought leadership and be the subject matter expert on Customer analytics
- Collaborating with product owners, designers, program managers, engineers, and business stakeholders to make data-driven decisions
- Developing and manage weekly, monthly, and quarterly business reporting, working across multiple teams to identify and present high-level insights to key stakeholders and executives
- Hire, lead, and mentor a global team of data analysts
- Minimum 8+ years of analytics and relevant leadership experience
- Ability to excel as both a team lead and individual contributor
- Strong critical thinking and detail-oriented with an aptitude for solving unstructured problems
- Has experience translating data and insights into concrete and actionable recommendations
- Has experience working directly with stakeholders, communicating complex results in a clear and concise manner
- Has experience with SQL, Excel, Python, and R/SAS or any statistical package
- Has experience with crafting dashboards/reports using Business Intelligence tools such as Tableau and Power BI
- Has bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Engineering, Business, or equivalent experience
- Master’s degree in Statistics, Engineering, Business, or equivalent experience
- Has experience in advanced data science, machine learning, predictive analytics projects
- Has experience in E-commerce
- Fluent in English and Korean skill (verbal and written) is a plus but not required
Recruitment Process and Others
1. Recruitment Process: Application Review - Phone Interview - Onsite Interview - Offer
(The recruitment process may be different depending on the job and may be changed due to scheduling and circumstances.)
a. This job post may be closed early if all openings are filled.
b. If there is any false information in the application, the offer may be cancelled.
c. Veteran status or disability will not result in any disadvantages in the recruitment process.
d. Interview schedules and the results will be informed to the applicant via the e-mail address submitted at the application stage.
Recruiter: Nana (email@example.com)