As our Principal, Business Analysis for Marketplace Business Intelligence, you will be responsible for operational reporting and insights to make our consumer experience world-class.
Coupang is one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce platforms on the planet. We are on a mission to revolutionize everyday lives for our customers, employees and partners. We solve problems no one has solved before to create a world where people ask, “How did we ever live without Coupang?”
To achieve this vision, we want Coupang to become “the destination” for customers to find a wide variety of products at low prices. But Coupang alone cannot achieve this vision. Diverse product selection from a thriving e-commerce seller community will help us achieve this vision. That is why we have set out to build a world class tool set and platform for sellers. We make it super easy for sellers to sell on Coupang. It is a bold mission and we are looking for passionate builders to help us get there.
Business Intelligence Analysts at Coupang are at the center of understanding our customers and sellers. Insights you provide helps us as product and business make decisions on what to build - a key decision to make given limited resources. Many organizations go back to data to find answers, but business analysts in our team and at Coupang are different. We do not want our business analysts to simply run queries to extract data - we want you to understand sellers and the e-commerce ecosystem, and then decide what “metrics” the team should look at to gain insights and move the business forward. A role such as this is a great opportunity to gain deep understanding of the e-commerce domain and sets you up for growth along your career path leading to your next role - either to develop an internet service business or grow into a micro service software developer if you so choose.
- Develop and maintain weekly business review metrics for core product functions of seller business
- Understand sellers through interviews/contacts or other feedback and proactively build your knowledge of the seller ecosystem
- Conduct deep “root cause” analysis on critical business problems by leveraging your understanding of sellers and the data we collect
- Work with product managers to develop new metrics to measure success of new project launches
- Work with our data team to guide them on latest cloud data and BI technologies to automate reporting
- Mentor junior developers and BAs on SQL - you are our SQL go-to person
- Ability to work in a dynamic and fast changing environment with many asks and multiple stakeholders - you need to be a self-starter who is good at prioritizing your work
- Be a trusted source of data and business insights, driving decision making for Coupang
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, sciences or analytical disciplines with 3-5 years of relevant work experience
- Expert SQL and Excel skills are a requirement for this role - 2+ years experience at a minimum
- Experience querying Big Data Systems (Hive, Hadoop, or Hue)
- Bachelor degree in finance/mathematics or computer science
- Experience with BI reporting and dashboarding using Tableau
- Experience in working in ecommerce or internet services business
- Ability to prioritize work in a complex, fast-paced environment
Recruitment Process and Others
1. Recruitment Process: Application Review - Phone Interview - Onsite Interview - Offer
(The recruitment process may be different depending on the job and may be changed due to scheduling and circumstances.)
a. This job post may be closed early if all openings are filled.
b. If there is any false information in the application, the offer may be cancelled.
c. Veteran status or disability will not result in any disadvantages in the recruitment process.
d. Interview schedules and the results will be informed to the applicant via the e-mail address submitted at the application stage.