Coupang is one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce platforms on the planet. We are on a mission to revolutionize everyday lives for our customers, employees and partners. We solve problems no one has solved before to create a world where people ask, “How did we ever live without Coupang?” Coupang is a global company with offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, and Silicon Valley.
As our Corporate IT Workday Integration Specialist for Corporate IT Application Team, you will be responsible for operational reporting and insights to make our consumer experience world-class. The primary responsibility is for building integrations for various Workday modules such as Core HR, Time Tracking, Compensation, Talent & Performance, Learning and Leave & Absence. The right person for this role should have strong background in systems analysis and proven ability to learn and apply new technologies to solve business challenges. Tis position will develop, configure, and test technical integrations for the Workday solution using Workday Studio Developer, Workday RaaS Integrations, Enterprise Interface Building (EIB), Workday Complex Calculated Fields, Workday Custom Reports, Web Services, XSLT, and xPath.
- Designing and developing integration solutions for HR systems, specifically for the Workday solution.
- Responsible for the day-to-day troubleshooting of integration issues requiring in-depth expertise in the Workday solution.
- Use knowledge of integration in HR related domains (payroll, benefits, recruiting., etc.)
- Participate in business and technology planning sessions to anticipate future business capability needs and technology changes.
- Coordinate deliverable schedules to ensure timelines are met.
- Provide guidance to the business on integration strategies.
- Support existing and new internal and external Workday integrations for multiple vendors such as banks, benefits, HR, etc.
- Performs as the technical expert in building and maintaining inbound/outbound Workday HCM integrations for internal systems as well as third party vendors including payroll, banking and benefit providers.
- Reviews information systems for compliance with legislation and specifies any required changes. Responsible for ensuring compliance with organizational policies and procedures and overall information management strategy.
- Partners with business and takes responsibility for understanding requirements, collecting data, delivering analysis and problem resolution. Identifies, evaluates and recommends options, and implements as required.
- Participates in the discovery phase of projects to develop high-level design by partnering with internal teams that are contributing to proof-of-concept development; and assisting in the development of prototypes to validate ideas.
- Provides support to business partners by responding to stakeholder's questions, concerns, and issues (for example, technical feasibility, implementation strategies); facilitating the resolution of issue; supporting cross-functional partnerships; benchmarking coding techniques within the industry; identifying short- and long-term solutions; and providing insight on solutions to larger project team.
- Provides recommendations on strategies, processes and best practices by researching industry best practices; benchmarking within the industry in order to improve internal processes and solutions; researching methods to use industry solutions for internals needs; and researching and providing recommendations on development guidelines, standards and processes.
- Recognizes potential strategic application of IT, and initiates investigation and development of innovative methods of exploiting IT assets, to the benefit of organizations and the community. Plays an active role in improving the interface between the business and IT.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience of Workday Implementation experience preferably with an implementation partner.
- 5 years of information technology experience supporting a complex application with complex integration points across other systems.
- Demonstrated experience with highly complex integrations in Human Resource related domains, (Payroll, THR, LMS, SAP, ServiceNow, Security, etc.) and other upstream/downstream systems.
- Knowledge of complex union bases Payroll and business rules for pay calculation and financial accounting processes preferred.
- Understanding of the technical components required to support business processes, including effort estimates and resource management experience.
- Experience planning and implementing enhancements, operating and maintaining technology systems supporting existing business process and live productive applications.
- Expert knowledge in Design, Build, Test and Deploying Workday Integration solutions using EIB, Core Connectors, Could Connect and Workday Studio.
- Expert knowledge in the diagnosis, mitigation and resolution of production issues.
- Contribute to the development of test plans and scripts, and peer code review of other developers.
- Proficient with web service technologies and API’s (REST, SOAP, HTTP, PGP, SAML, etc.) product support and respond to issues and incidents for all integration issues. Integration
- Data conversion concepts and impacts on business processes (such as Workday iLoads or bulk data loading).
- Issues documentation and analysis for payroll and related financial activities used to identify systemic issues or problems with integrations.
- Understanding of application technology and associated solutions and strategies related to the client’s business to help them achieve their business goals and objectives.
- Develop and support other systems integrations as opportunities arise.
- Outstanding documentation, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Creative and resourceful approach to the business and an ability to think and deliver creative value-added solutions to clients.