Coupang is one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce platforms on the planet. We are on a mission to revolutionize everyday lives for our customers, employees and partners. We solve problems no one has solved before to create a world where people ask, “How did we ever live without Coupang?” Coupang is a global company with offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, and Silicon Valley.
As our Software Engineer for Coupang Media Group, you will be responsible for developing, designing the new features for our advertising platform.
Coupang is investing in building a world-class Advertising business where we run relevant ads on key placements across our website and Mobile App. We are building the next generation of products and services that will fuel the future growth of Coupang’s ad solutions, by providing self-service advertising capabilities to our Sellers and Suppliers.
We are looking for passionate software engineers to build the big data pipeline, systems models powers our advertisement prodiucts. This includes working on a greenfield project and building low latency and highly available services, scaling systems, building APIs for programmatic integrations. You will identify and solve hard problems to improve the system scalability, enhance the reliability, as well as optimize the resource efficiency.
Are you passionate in building low latent and highly scalable distributed services? Do you want to be part of huge opportunity in building world-class Coupang Advertising business? If so, Let's chat!
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or electrical/electronic engineering, mathematics or equivalent
- 4+ years of solid work with fundamental algorithms, system design, and large distributed systems
- 4+ years of coding experience in one of the following: with: C++, Java, Scala,
- Hand on experience in building large scale data infrastructures
- Experience with handling large data volumes in a distributed environment – ideally with both backend data processing and web tier data management
- Ability and desire to drive solid design work on multi-threaded/multi-process, distributed system
- A passion to explore, improve, automate and optimize distributed systems and tools.
- Experience with advertising systems/Search advertising
- Experience with service-oriented architecture and web application/services development
- Experience working with AWS (Amazon web services)
- Experience working in startups
- Experience with Machine Learning, Elasticsearch is highly preferred.
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, transgender status), national origin, age, disability, medical condition, HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis C status, marital status, military or veteran status, use of a trained dog guide or service animal, political activities, affiliations, citizenship, or any other characteristic or class protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.