Coupang is one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce platforms on the planet. Our vision is to create a world in which Customers ask “How did I ever live without Coupang?” We are looking for passionate builders to help us get there. Powered by world-class technology and operations, we have set out to transform the end-to-end Customer experience -- from revolutionizing last-mile delivery to rethinking how Customers search and discover on a truly mobile-first platform. We have been named one of the “50 Smartest Companies in the World” by MIT Technology Review and “30 Global Game Changers” by Forbes.
Coupang is a global company with offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, and Silicon Valley
About the team
Recommendation team is focusing on Coupang’s product recommendation and personalized gateway. Product recommendation is a fast growing area and we are continuously improving recommendation quality to help more and more customers find the best products for them. We have grown personalized Gateway, aiming to build one of the best e-commerce discovery experiences. We use state of the art Machine Learning and Deep Learning technologies, and we continuously innovate and build highly scalable systems to support the growing customer/business needs.
About the role
We are looking for a passionate candidate to join our team in Mountain View and build/improve Coupang recommendation algorithm. You will be part of a team that is working to grow a critical part of Coupang. The environment is fast-paced and agile, and you will work with new technologies to help us build a better service for our customers.
Our new grads work alongside a group of experienced engineers to develop recommendation systems and algorithms, including creating ranking features and developing machine learning models. You will also learn how a modern e-Commence works and gain insight on customer behavior through data analysis and debugging.
Who we are looking for
- Major in computer science or related field.
- Motivated, self driven engineer with passion. Eager to learn and execute.
- Team player with great communication skills.
- Proficient with Java, Python; familiar with unit test / integration test.
- Mastering one or more machine learning tools (XGBoost, TensorFlow etc)
- Experience with Spark/Hadoop or other big data processing platforms
- Experience working in a production environment. (AWS)
- Experience in an e-commerce or technology-driven retail environment
- Experience with neural network / deep learning
- Autonomy to make decisions in a rapidly growing company
- Free medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 18 days PTO + 12 national holidays off
- 401K matching
- Pre-IPO stock options
- Mobile & fitness reimbursement
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, transgender status), national origin, age, disability, medical condition, HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis C status, marital status, military or veteran status, use of a trained dog guide or service animal, political activities, affiliations, citizenship, or any other characteristic or class protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.