Coupang is one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce platforms on the planet. We are on a mission to revolutionize everyday lives for our customers, employees and partners. We solve problems no one has solved before to create a world where people ask, “How did we ever live without Coupang?” Coupang is a global company with offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, and Silicon Valley.
As a Systems Architect/Senior Principal Systems Engineer for our platform team, this role will focus on leveraging Cloud Platform infrastructure, services and processes at its best to help increase infrastructure & system Efficiencies, Productivity, scalability and system quality improvements at 10X scale. This role will be responsible for diving deep into business problems, understanding current customer pain points, system domain, current Platform limitations (if exists) and then work closely with engineering teams / leaders to design and architect new system / services leveraging cloud infrastructure that can scale 10X better, is reliable, and is highly available. The includes providing system architecture artifacts, accountability on cloud infrastructure choices that can perform and scale at 10X level but are still efficient, guidance on using right machine type, network designs etc . You will be part of a Global team working from different locations but still works as a central connected unit.
This role will possess a strong blend of technical, architect, hands on with leadership skills blended with result-oriented culture to deliver to needs of business at speed of light.
The roles require strong Linux systems administration/engineering, networking, security & cloud environments skills. Have the ability to mix different AWS services to migrate existing services to the Cloud or improve current deployments. You will focus on Infrastructure automation, security and availability through fault-tolerant enterprise solutions.
Do you have a strong background on system design and architecture required for defining a design for Cloud Platform / system? Are you an execution-oriented with attention to detail on driving platform enhancements and improvements across the technology infrastructure stack?
Do you have the passion of building Platform / systems used companywide leveraging cloud infrastructure efficiently as a crucial enabling technology in today’s business environment?
If you answered yes to the above, then you might be the right person to be the Sr Principal, System Engineer at Coupang.
- Serve as a technical architect on Cloud infrastructure layer.
- 100% accountable for quality of system architecture and design of system / Platform.
- Solves complex technical problems in our AWS environment plus improves Operations Excellence
- Strong ability to deep dive to understand current systems Cloud architecture to provide strategic partnership and improvements on network usage, role management, CDN, domains etc.
- Analyze complex distributed production deployments and recommend ways to optimize performance and/or automate processes by managing continuous integration servers, utilizing monitoring and testing tools
- Identify opportunities to make disruptive improvements in cloud infrastructure usage, operations and services with high degree of systematic automation.
- Possess expert knowledge in performance (millisecond latencies), scalability, availability (99.99% uptime), enterprise architecture best practices
- Strong technical analytical & design capability to understand Common & shared platforms, web, & services API with underlying data to provide appropriate network, infrastructure recommendations
- Should be able to dive deep to come up with new scenarios that helps solving systems bigger problems by simplifying system architecture and help increase productivity & efficiency or every Engineer & system in the company.
- Assist in the career development of others, actively mentoring individuals and the community on advanced technical issues and helping managers guide the career growth of their team members.
- Exert technical influence over multiple teams, increasing their productivity and effectiveness by sharing your deep knowledge and experience.
- Strong problem-solving skills, analytical capabilities, and attention to detail
- Strong cultural change management experience
- Bachelor's degree and/or Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 15+ years of system engineering or site reliability experience
- 5+ years of experience leading system design, architecture leveraging AWS services
- 5+ years of demonstrable building and operating infrastructure as code. Comfortable with many flavors of Linux
- 5+ year’s of experience in building high-performance, highly-available and scalable distributed systems in the cloud.
- 3+ years of experience mentoring junior engineers to success.
- Excellent cross-group collaboration, outstanding verbal and written communication.
- AWS Certification for SysOps on AWS, Developing on AWS, and/or AWS Architect
- 3+ years of hands-on experience as a Principal-level system Engineer
- Excellent cross-group collaboration and communication skills
- Demonstrated virtual team leadership capabilities
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, transgender status), national origin, age, disability, medical condition, HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis C status, marital status, military or veteran status, use of a trained dog guide or service animal, political activities, affiliations, citizenship, or any other characteristic or class protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com