Coupang is one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce platforms on the planet. Our mission is to create a world in which Customers ask “How did I ever live without Coupang?” We are looking for passionate builders to help us get there. Powered by world-class technology and operations, we have set out to transform the end-to-end Customer experience -- from revolutionizing last-mile delivery to rethinking how Customers search and discover on a truly mobile-first platform. We have been named one of the “50 Smartest Companies in the World” by MIT Technology Review and “30 Global Game Changers” by Forbes.
Coupang is a global company with offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, and Silicon Valley.
About the role:
We are looking for a customer-obsessed candidate to join our team in Mountain View and build the Coupang Search ranking algorithm. You will be part of a team that is working to grow a critical part of Coupang. The environment is fast-paced and agile, and you will work with new technologies to help us build a better service for our customers. You should enjoy and be adept at leveraging technology solutions to drive innovation for a fast-changing global e-commerce business.
Our new grads work alongside a group of experienced software development engineers to develop Search ranking algorithm, including creating ranking features and developing ML/DL based ranking algorithm. You will also learn how a modern e-Commence works and gain insight on customer behavior through data and query debugging.
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor or Master’s degree preferably in CS or equivalent
- Familiar with machine learning technology, proficient in XGBoost/Tensorflow.
- Familiar with data processing technology, such as Spark or Hive
- Proficiency in at least one modern programming language such as Java, C, C++, or Python
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and deliver results in a fast-paced environment
- Hard Worker, Dedicated, Self-Motivated
- Team collaboration and Strong Communication skills
- Ownership and urgency across all responsible projects
- Ability to work with a cross-functional team to turn ideas into working solution
Bonus points for:
- PH.D or prior work experience
- Experience with SQL and relational database systems
- Experience with Spark/Hadoop or other big data processing platforms
- Experience in an e-commerce or technology-driven retail environment
- Experience working with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with deep learning modeling
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, transgender status), national origin, age, disability, medical condition, HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis C status, marital status, military or veteran status, use of a trained dog guide or service animal, political activities, affiliations, citizenship, or any other characteristic or class protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.