Coupang is one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce platforms on the planet. We are on a mission to revolutionize everyday lives for our customers, employees and partners. We solve problems no one has solved before to create a world where people ask, “How did we ever live without Coupang?” Coupang is a global company with offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, and Silicon Valley.
As our Senior, Business Analyst for Financial Accounting, you will be responsible for operational reporting and insights to make our consumer experience world-class.
- Perform root cause analysis; defining analytical framework, retrieving right data, working with data owners, setting up reconciliation process to validate data that supports accounting records and driving insights to enhance reliability on accounting records
- Identify issues and/or areas for improvement and efficiency in extracting data by performing due diligence on source data/system logic, establishing recommendations and assisting with implementation of revised logics into current system or new logic into new system
- Lead research and analysis projects related to the accounting team’s initiatives, including new business process analysis, creating new data table sets or developing analytical reports on various types of business performances that are automatically updated regularly to support accounting records
- Develop a process that validates completeness of data sync among accounting system, data warehouse and its source that feeds data warehouse on monthly basis
- Prepare a reconciliation report where source data and accounting results are compared on periodic basis to automatically flag out abnormality or material errors in accounting system in timely manner
- Build data visibility by working with data team and developing queries independently to automate reports that are needed to post journal entries in SAP
- Provide ad-hoc data analysis to address inquires on results of operating performance reflecting accounting standards provided by accounting team on real time basis
- Provide ad-hoc data analysis to identify what brings discrepancies between reports on business side and ones in accounting side and improve logic that generates data
- BA / BS degree
- Experience and enough knowledge of SQL
- 2+ years’ experience in business analysis
- Ability to gather, analyze, and organize large amounts of data and provide insight/recommendations
- Ability to meet tight deadlines, prioritize workload and achieve effective results in fast-paced and dynamic environment; effective multi-tasking skills are vital
- Intermediate/expert level with Microsoft Office, including Excel, PowerPoint, Access
- Experience in producing reports in Tableau
- Intermediate English
Recruitment Process and Others
1. Recruitment Process: Application Review - Phone Interview - Onsite Interview - Offer
(The recruitment process may be different depending on the job and may be changed due to scheduling and circumstances.)
a. This job post may be closed early if all openings are filled.
b. If there is any false information in the application, the offer may be cancelled.
c. Veteran status or disability will not result in any disadvantages in the recruitment process.
d. Interview schedules and the results will be informed to the applicant via the e-mail address submitted at the application stage.