Coupang is reimagining the shopping experience with the goal of wowing each customer from the instant they open the Coupang app to the moment an order is delivered to their door.
Powered by an outstanding end-to-end e-commerce and logistics network and a fanatical culture of customer centricity, Coupang has broken tradeoffs around speed, selection and price. Today, we provide exceedingly fast shipping speeds on millions of items including fresh groceries, delivered within hours nationwide, 365 days a year.
We are doing this for millions of consumers in Korea. Korea is home to one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce opportunities anywhere in the world.
Customer Experience product team is responsible for creating an amazing search, discovery and shopping experience for Customers. We are obsessed about improving every step of the conversion funnel, from the moment Customers sign up for a new Coupang account in our mobile app or website to finding the product they’re looking for and making the purchase.
Product Owners (also known as Product Managers) at Coupang are mini-CEOs with end-to-end ownership of a specific area. You will be responsible to rethink how our millions of Customers search, discover, and purchase items across our vast product selection. You will work closely with the design and engineering teams to create the best product search and discovery experience, from “intent” based shopping to delighting the Customer with serendipitous product discovery on every visit. You will leverage our data from machine learning, data mining, A/B testing, Customer feedback, and usability studies to validate new product features that improve the buying experience for our Customers. You will focus on delivering a world-class mobile-first shopping experience – over 80% of our traffic is on mobile!
What You Will Do
- Have a deep understanding of the Customer through both quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Own the product vision, strategy, roadmap and KPIs of a specific area of the Customer shopping experience
- Manage the entire product life cycle from inception to launch, including writing product requirements, defining use cases, and setting success metrics
- Drive alignment with a variety of stakeholders including executives, category leaders, business operations, and infrastructure teams
- Analytical thinker who works well in a fast-paced, data-driven and highly ambiguous entrepreneurial culture
- Demonstrated ability to work with cross-functional teams and manage multiple projects
- Bias for action and willingness to get your hands dirty to get the job done
- Sound business judgment and proven ability to effectively communicate and influence others
- Superior verbal and written communications skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience
- E-commerce or logistics experience
- Experience in launching consumer facing products in mobile
- Experience working with multiple teams across different geographies
- Startup experience
Recruitment Process and Others
- Recruitment Process
- Application Review - Phone Interview - Onsite (or Virtual Onsite) Interview – Offer
- The exact nature of the recruitment process may vary according to the specific job, and may be changed due to scheduling or other circumstances.
- Interview schedules and the results will be informed to the applicant via the e-mail address submitted at the application stage.
- Things to Consider
- This job posting may be closed prior to the stated end date for application if all openings are filled.
- Coupang has the right to rescind an offer of employment if a candidate is found to have submitted false information as part of the application process.
- Coupang does not discriminate against disabled applicants or those with veteran status. We are proud to offer equal opportunities for all applicants.
- Privacy Notice (US and China)
- Your personal information will be collected and managed by Coupang asstated in the Application Privacy Notice located below.
- https://rocketyourcareer.kr.coupang.com/privacy-policy (Korea)
- Document Return Policy
- This notification is given pursuant to Article 11 (6) of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act.
- A job applicant, who has applied but not been finally selected for a position at Coupang (the “Company”), may request the Company to return his/her hiring documents submitted pursuant to the Fair Hiring Procedure Act. However, this will not apply where the hiring documents were submitted via the website of the Company or e-mail, or where the job applicant submitted those documents voluntarily without a request from the Company. In addition, if the hiring documents were destroyed due to a natural disaster or any other reasons not attributable to the Company, such documents will be deemed to have been returned to the job applicant.
- A job applicant who wishes to request the return of his/her hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above should fill out a “Request for Return of Hiring Documents” [Annex Form No. 3 in the Enforcement Rule of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act] and submit the request to the Company by email (email@example.com) In such case, within fourteen (14) days from the date of identifying the receipt of the request, the Company will send the hiring documents to the job applicant’s designated address via registered mail. Please be informed that the job applicant is required to pay the postage on the registered mail.
- In preparation for a job applicant’s request for the return of hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above, the Company shall retain the original hiring documents submitted by the job applicant for 180 days from the completion of the recruiting process. If no request is made until the end of this period, all of his/her hiring documents will be destroyed immediately in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Act.