About this role:
Coupang is eCommerce mobile heavy, more than 80% of their traffic is from mobile, more than half the population in Korea has downloaded our app and registered our service. We have been focusing app reliability since DAY1 and we have kept an incredible five 9s crash-free rate. Our talented mobile engineers are located in Seoul, Beijing, Shanghai and Mountain View offices. In this position, you will be responsible for establishing a vision for our mobile services, setting tangible goals, global team management and leadership throughout the engineering lifecycle, including collecting and prioritizing requirements, and working closely with other groups to ensure goals are met.
You will become part of a forward-thinking company that is transforming our services. Ranked as one of the fastest growing E-Commerce companies, we look forward to having strong talents joining our team. We offer the excitement of a rapidly growing startup with a strong leadership team.
Our vision is to build a trusted eCommerce platform by obsessing over reliable and effortless shopping experience, through a highly productive engineering team.
- Manage a team of 50+ Mobile Engineers globally, and plan to double the size in 6 months
- Develop leaders and employees, help them grow inside organization
- Establish a vision to renovate mobile engineering services
- Effectively communicate, and enforce goals and objectives, feedback, measurable, and improvement plans
- Monitor and understand the key metrics governing the mobile product area, with an eye toward continuously improving them through ongoing product innovation
- Work cross functionally with other teams to help make their features fully accessible to all users. This role offers a unique chance to touch virtually every feature in Android or iOS application.
- Must be able to deliver high quality code on schedule, communicate with groups in and outside the development team.
- Build a productive and scalable mobile team
- 5+ years management experience, including managing managers
- 5 to 10 years of experience in mobile programming and mobile architecture
- Previous experience building mobile applications with large customer adoptions
- Love for building mobile applications and detailed knowledge of Android or iOS
- Track of records of delivering large scale mission critical projects
- Passion for delivering the best user experience possible on mobile
- Familiar with agile development
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Computer Science Degree or equivalent from a fully accredited college or university