Coupang is one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce platforms on the planet. We are on a mission to revolutionize everyday lives for our customers, employees and partners. We solve problems no one has solved before to create a world where people ask, “How did we ever live without Coupang?” Coupang is a global company with offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, and Silicon Valley.
You will be responsible for establishing and managing the architectural design and development of scalable solutions that significantly impact Coupang’s advertising platform. You will provide best practice architectural decisions and supporting frameworks along with technical mentorship to other engineers. You must be self-motivated, result-oriented with strong programming skills and experience, and have experience using best-of-breed tools, technologies, and practice.
- Translate the desired business outcome to technical solutions that meet operational and business needs
- Guide the overall design and build robust, scalable and performing microservices based architectures
- Research and identify new technologies, techniques, and the latest industry trends, and bring solutions to the organization and improve the value proposition and efficiency of the overall platform
- Define requirements, processes, and procedure for development, enhancement, and tests projects
- Have knowledge of and ability to teach and mentor
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related fields
- Experience of 10+ years in software development
- Strong understanding of Web-based software architecture, distributed systems, and message-oriented architecture
- Strong knowledge of database systems, data warehousing concepts, and languages (SQL, NoSQL)
- Proficiency in web services / API design (REST, SOAP, WSDL, GraphQL)
- Experience of full-stack, high-scale production systems with fault-tolerance and monitoring
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
- Experience in the advertising and/or eCommerce domains
- DevOp / SysAdmin / DBA experience
- Highly scalable cloud-based software and deployments
- Big data at scale and/or machine learning
- Experience of leading software development teams
- Agile software development
- Kafka, Redis, Hive, Hadoop, Spark
Recruitment Process and Others
1. Recruitment Process: Application Review - Phone Interview - Onsite Interview - Offer
(The recruitment process may be different depending on the job and may be changed due to scheduling and circumstances.)
a. This job post may be closed early if all openings are filled.
b. If there is any false information in the application, the offer may be cancelled.
c. Veteran status or disability will not result in any disadvantages in the recruitment process.
d. Interview schedules and the results will be informed to the applicant via the e-mail address submitted at the application stage.