Coupang is one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce platforms on the planet. We are on a mission to revolutionize everyday lives for our customers, employees and partners. We solve problems no one has solved before to create a world where people ask, “How did we ever live without Coupang?” Coupang is a global company with offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, and Silicon Valley.
As our Sr. Manager for Stragegic Sourcing Team, you will be responsible for operational reporting and insights to make our consumer experience world-class.
This newly created position is an integral part of the Global Procurement team and responsible for the Strategic Sourcing of key spend categories supporting Coupang company-wide. This is a critical role in Coupang’s Procurement transformation and highly dependent on team capability development along with working closely with key business partners to lead and implement category management, strategic and operational sourcing, and supplier management activities
In this role, the successful candidate will leverage traditional strategic sourcing models including category analysis, short-term/long-term category planning, consolidation, supplier scorecards and vendor management. Coupang’s sourcing process includes multiple phases from building a category strategy, identifying specific sourcing opportunities, contract negotiations, purchase order issuance, and implementation. The process involves steps such as preparing global market research, price/cost analysis, "should cost" models, TCO, industry trends, commodity best practices and industry benchmarking to drive sourcing decisions.
In addition to the specific sourcing, procurement, and vendor management responsibilities, this position will contribute to the maturity of the overall function. This includes creating and refining processes, tools and templates that can be applied to across all vendors and categories worldwide.
- Develops and executes organization-wide procurement, strategic sourcing and supply base management strategies. Championing and gaining alignment with corporate and business unit management around the vision of cross-functional business unit collaboration
- Achieves targeted cost reduction results through leadership in strategic sourcing, supplier integration, continuous improvement and innovation/technology. Sets category level goals for all categories within a portfolio
- Leads the development of supplier relationships to ensure continuous improvement in innovation, quality, service and cost reduction
- Communicates and works effectively with management at all levels within the company and its supply base
- Develop the sourcing team to add value as they become high impact leaders; provide clear sense of purpose and direction; mentor, coach and develop direct reports by ensuring clear direction through formal job descriptions and regular performance reviews
- Directs and/or oversees the development/establishment and coordination of Request for Proposals (RFP) in the assigned spend categories.
- Act as the lead negotiator with suppliers in assigned spend categories to deliver stated objectives.
- Model and promote Coupang Leadership Principles to create an environment that mobilizes empowered people to achieve business goals.
- All duties as directed or modified.
- Degree from a top tier university with a major in finance, accounting, supply chain, business management; MBA preferred
- 8 or more years of work experience in Sourcing & Supply Chain, or Procurement, preferably within Management Consulting and with a focus on indirect categories (Facilities, technology, marketing, professional services, T&E, HR, Professional Services, etc.)
- Ability to quickly identify key stakeholders, establish and maintain strong relationships with cross-functional partners
- Analyze 3rd party spend and develop a roadmap for Category Spend management transformation
- Negotiate vendor contracts with best in class terms and conditions that reflect specific business needs and SLAs
- Manage pipeline of multiple sourcing projects and report on costs savings
- Solid team player; can work cooperatively and effectively in a team environment
- Strong consultative / analytical / problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal / communication / negotiation skills
- Self motivated, reliable, passionate, and can keep to deadlines
- Multiple category experience is a plus
- International experience and low-cost country (LCC) sourcing is a plus
- Experience with eProcurement implementations and procurement transformations is a plu
Recruitment Process and Others
1. Recruitment Process: Application Review - Phone Interview - Onsite Interview - Offer
(The recruitment process may be different depending on the job and may be changed due to scheduling and circumstances.)
a. This job post may be closed early if all openings are filled.
b. If there is any false information in the application, the offer may be cancelled.
c. Veteran status or disability will not result in any disadvantages in the recruitment process.
d. Interview schedules and the results will be informed to the applicant via the e-mail address submitted at the application stage.