Coupang is one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce platforms on the planet. Our mission is to create a world in which Customers ask “How did I ever live without Coupang?” We are looking for passionate builders to help us get there. Powered by world-class technology and operations, we have set out to transform the end-to-end Customer experience -- from revolutionizing last-mile delivery to rethinking how Customers search and discover on a truly mobile-first platform. We have been named one of the “50 Smartest Companies in the World” by MIT Technology Review and “30 Global Game Changers” by Forbes.
Coupang is a global company with offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, and Silicon Valley.
The E-commerce Fraud Detection System team at Coupang is looking for a Principle/Senior Data Scientist with a solid background in machine learning, data science, data analysis, and data engineering. You will work closely with a team of data scientists, business analysts and engineers to ensure we detect frauds in e-commerce business and take actions to protect our business.
- Work with business partners and stakeholders to understand the business, formulate the problems, and come up with the solutions
- Design, develop and implement advance machine learning models to solve E-commerce Fraud problems
- Work with large volumes of data; extract and manipulate large datasets using standard tools such as Python, H2O, Hadoop, Spark, SQL, and Java
- Collaborate with engineers to implement machine learning models on one of the best data platforms in the industry
- Analyze data to detect new fraud patterns and implement quick rules and solutions
- Measure and report the business impact of models and rules
- Communicate the concepts and results of the models and analyses to audience with different background
- Have a passion for working on big data with professional experiences in data mining, statistical analysis, predictive modeling, and data manipulation
- Advanced degree (MS or PhD) in science, engineering, or statistics field
- 5+ years of experience in analyzing large data sets to drive significant business decisions for online/e-commerce domain
- 5+ years delivery experience in advanced modeling environment using Python, H2O, Spark, Java
- Strong understanding of machine learning including supervised learning (Neural Network, Gradient Boosting, Logistics Regression) and unsupervised learning (clustering, entropy analysis, isolation forest, etc.)
- Strong problem-solving and communication skills
- Data engineer experience is a plus
- Autonomy to make decisions in a rapidly growing company
- 15 days PTO + 15 national holidays off
- 401K matching
- Pre-IPO stock options
- Mobile & fitness reimbursement
- Free Catered Lunch daily
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, transgender status), national origin, age, disability, medical condition, HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis C status, marital status, military or veteran status, use of a trained dog guide or service animal, political activities, affiliations, citizenship, or any other characteristic or class protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.