Coupang is one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce platforms on the planet. We are on a mission to revolutionize everyday lives for our customers, employees and partners. We solve problems no one has solved before to create a world where people ask, “How did we ever live without Coupang?” Coupang is a global company with offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, and Silicon Valley.
As our Software Engineer for Coupang Media Group, you will be responsible for developing, designing the new features for our advertising platform.
The Coupang Media Group (CMG) is responsible for providing vendors that sell their products on Coupang a host of marketing products and services. Our group is responsible for advertising brands and products inside our ecommerce website. To get an idea of how valuable that is, both Alibaba and Amazon make more money on advertising than on selling products.
This is an opportunity to be part of building up a new development organization with strong revenue potential inside a successful company. We’re building engineering teams to handle large scale advertising problems, including real-time behavioral targeting, auctioning and bidding systems and search based advertising.You will build high scale and low latency platform services that support our ads platform.You will help create products that expand our highly relevant advertising content, and drive optimal performance.
If this sounds interesting, join us today and become a member of this highly motivated, passionate and fun-loving team and impact millions of customers.
- Developing and driving the systems for Coupang Media Group.
- Implement high scale production systems with fault-tolerance and monitoring systems
- Building durable code, with the ability to scale with very large data volumes.
- Build and implement design frame work and self-service design
- Effectively lead and mentor the junior developers
- Communicate clearly and concisely with the team members, peers and leadership team
- BS or advanced degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering
- 3+ years of software development experience
- 3+ experience in building web- based products and large scale data infrastructures
- Strong coding experience in one of the following : Java, C++/Scala or Python
- Experience in one of the following node.js or react.js or express. Js
- Experience in distributed systems, micro service, big data and computing frameworks like Spark, Flink, Storm, etc.
- Self-starter and innovator who likes to solve complex problems
- Proven track record of taking ownership and successfully delivering results
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate with technical and non- technical stakeholders across all levels of the organization
- Ability to work in multi-cultural, cross functional team
- Experience building highly scalable systems in a fast paced, team-oriented environment
- Experience with advertising systems/Search advertising/Advertising Marketplace/Display advertising/Ad Server
- Experience with high-scale systems (100k+ tps)
- Understanding of performance tradeoffs, load balancing and operational issues
- Experience with service-oriented architecture and web application/services development
- Experience working with AWS (Amazon web services)
- Bilingual in Korean and English
- Experience working in startups
- Experience with Machine Learning, Elasticsearch.
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, transgender status), national origin, age, disability, medical condition, HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis C status, marital status, military or veteran status, use of a trained dog guide or service animal, political activities, affiliations, citizenship, or any other characteristic or class protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.