Head of PMO - Security & Privacy (Program Management Office)
Coupang is one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce platforms on the planet. Our mission is to create a world in which Customers ask, “How did I ever live without Coupang?” We are looking for passionate builders to help us get there. Powered by world-class technology and operations, we have set out to transform the end-to-end Customer experience -- from revolutionizing last-mile delivery to rethinking how Customers search and discover on a truly mobile-first platform. We have been named one of the “50 Smartest Companies in the World” by MIT Technology Review and “30 Global Game Changers” by Forbes.
Coupang is a global company with offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, and Silicon Valley.
Reporting to the Chief of Information Security Officer, your mission is to;
- Assist CISO/CPO to effectively direct and lead a global team of internal security, privacy and IT infrastructure staff and external vendors.
- Assist CISO/CPO with strategic planning, including budget projections and project related budget management.
- Develop and oversee company-wide (end to end) project work plans; integrating activities, milestones and interdependencies across multiple projects/work streams, including relevant updates on plans; drive early anticipation of risks and issues, ensuring and tracking appropriate milestone plans.
- Interface and work closely with multiple business and technology teams in order to define, streamline, build, automate, monitor and drive infrastructure, technology, governance and process enhancement projects and programs.
- Develop and lead Program Management Office (“PMO”) and Metrics governance for Security & Privacy and Technology Infrastructure organizations, including establishing best practices and templates
- Enabling project leads and project managers with the tools and techniques necessary to execute professional project management; establish and maintain Canter of Excellence for project management.
- Oversee development and execution of projects, including holding planning and execution to the highest standards.
- Lead on development and execution of metrics and reporting.
- Assist with strategic planning and budgeting.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, System Engineering or related discipline
- 20+ years of working experience in which 10+ years spent in program management of global and regional initiatives
- Certified PMI Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Experience in establishing and running a Project Management Office (PMO)
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, System Engineering or related discipline
- Proven track record of stakeholder engagement for a diverse stakeholder audience
- Maturity to drive delivery, ensure quality and manage relationships across teams/departments and geographic boundaries
- Ability to influence, negotiate and partner across multiple projects and teams/departments to achieve a specific agenda
- Positive attitude and value team work
- Possess excellent cross-group collaboration and communication skills, with strong problem solving skills, analytical capabilities, and attention to details
Recruitment Process and Others
- Application Review - Phone Interview - Onsite (or Virtual Onsite) Interview – Offer
- The exact nature of the recruitment process may vary according to the specific job, and may be changed due to scheduling or other circumstances.
- Interview schedules and the results will be informed to the applicant via the e-mail address submitted at the application stage.
Things to Consider
- This job posting may be closed prior to the stated end date for application if all openings are filled.
- Coupang has the right to rescind an offer of employment if a candidate is found to have submitted false information as part of the application process.
- Coupang does not discriminate against disabled applicants or those with veteran status. We are proud to offer equal opportunities for all applicants.
- Your personal information will be collected and managed by Coupang as stated in the Application Privacy Notice located HERE.
Document Return Policy (Korea ONLY)
- This notification is given pursuant to Article 11 (6) of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act.
- A job applicant, who has applied but not been finally selected for a position at Coupang (the “Company”), may request the Company to return his/her hiring documents submitted pursuant to the Fair Hiring Procedure Act. However, this will not apply where the hiring documents were submitted via the website of the Company or e-mail, or where the job applicant submitted those documents voluntarily without a request from the Company. In addition, if the hiring documents were destroyed due to a natural disaster or any other reasons not attributable to the Company, such documents will be deemed to have been returned to the job applicant.
- A job applicant who wishes to request the return of his/her hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above should fill out a “Request for Return of Hiring Documents” [Annex Form No. 3 in the Enforcement Rule of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act] and submit the request to the Company by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) In such case, within fourteen (14) days from the date of identifying the receipt of the request, the Company will send the hiring documents to the job applicant’s designated address via registered mail. Please be informed that the job applicant is required to pay the postage on the registered mail.
- In preparation for a job applicant’s request for the return of hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above, the Company shall retain the original hiring documents submitted by the job applicant for 180 days from the completion of the recruiting process. If no request is made until the end of this period, all of his/her hiring documents will be destroyed immediately in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Act.