Coupang is one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce platforms on the planet. Our mission is to create a world in which Customers ask “How did I ever live without Coupang?” We are looking for passionate builders to help us get there. Powered by world-class technology and operations, we have set out to transform the end-to-end Customer experience -- from revolutionizing last-mile delivery to rethinking how Customers search and discover on a truly mobile-first platform. We have been named one of the “50 Smartest Companies in the World” by MIT Technology Review and “30 Global Game Changers” by Forbes.
Coupang is a global company with offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, and Silicon Valley.
Principal engineers manage all phases of technical projects. They oversee the product's or project’s conception, design and initial product specifications and manage scheduling, estimating and securing materials. They draft and execute construction contracts, track project progress. Principal engineers also conduct engineering studies and investigations, and prepare reports for company leadership. They also provide engineering guidance to other departments, help to train new engineers and keep abreast of industry trends and issues.
You will be engaged in the entire agile development process from participating in story estimation, feature design discussions and planning, implementation and releasing. You will design and implement system architecture, and have primary responsibility for code quality. Your focus is not only on functionality, but on performance, security and data validation. You should provide the final recommendation to a technical trade-off.
Who we are:
Product Engineering is responsible for building Coupang customer facing products, we are in charge of 10+ mission critical applications which handles millions customer transactions every day, from customer open Coupang home page, until customer finishes her extraordinary shopping experience with an order, we are taking care every single part of this journey.
• Design and develop the Coupang Web Platform Strategy and Architecture.
• Key reviewer for Web based design, architecture and projects
• Tech leader for organization and company-wide project and drive that to success
• Key contributor for critical and complicated area troubleshooting
• Design Coupang Mobile Web strategy and create a flexible and efficient PC / Mobile web architecture.
• Key driver for the Wed design and development quality and productivity
• Mentor and develop web developers in organization
• 7 years+ of Experience with Java/JS development and worked on distributed system.
• 5 years+ of experiences in web design and develop medium to large scale enterprise and MVC web applications.
• 2 years + of experiences in web architecture, hands-on working on design systems
• Solid knowledge and experiences in web framework like React, Vue and AngularJS,
• Solid experiences in web design and development quality
• Solid experiences in design and build architecture based on the business need and platform scalability
• Tracked record in successfully launch the web project at scale
• Solid experience in Mobile Web solution
• Tracked record in performance and productivity improvement
• Follow the web framework, technologies and architecture trend and be able to make the trade off
• Experiences in e-commerce industry
• Design and implement the flexible mobile web solution from scratch
• Experiences in Native / Hybrid development
• Experiences with TypeScript and successfully applied into projects
• Excellent communication skills with English.