Coupang is one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce platforms on the planet. We are on a mission to revolutionize everyday lives for our customers, employees and partners. We solve problems no one has solved before to create a world where people ask, “How did we ever live without Coupang?” Coupang is a global company with offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, and Silicon Valley.
Job Overview: As our Chief of Staff for Platform, Search and Discovery, you would have strong knowledge of the eCommerce business. This unique role is a blend of strategic thinking and planning, program & operational management, executive communications, and team culture. This role is the “right hand” person to the SVP, a valued member Platform, Search, and Discovery team, and a trusted stakeholder to executives and employees across the company globally, specifically in Engineering, HR, and Finance.
What we’re looking for in the ideal candidate:
- Top Performer - Demonstrated ability to excel in past and current roles, exceeding expectations and delivering business results with a “how” that makes others want to partner with them. Experience working on high-profile projects with senior level executive visibility and engagement.
- Leadership Principles - Create clarity, generate energy, deliver success while living and demonstrating our cultural values, bringing the best out in others. Willingness to share context and vision in ways that help teams do their best work most effectively.
- Brings People Together - Fosters a collaborative environment and known for bringing people together in tough moments. Ability to consistently stay positive and inspire passion and creativity in others. Displays adaptability, unquestionable ethics & integrity.
- Communications Expertise - Storytelling, strategy and execution across written and verbal internally and externally. Ability to represent our leadership and team while working with internal customers, cross company leaders and their offices.
- Organization Skills - Builds partnerships, aligns difficult groups, builds consensus and trust, keeps the pulse of a large group. Broad business and marketing background, and a deep understanding of how Coupang works.
- Systems Thinking and Operations Expertise - Ability to define and run effective, efficient and repeatable management processes. Desire to constantly improve and evolve systems through feedback and iteration.
- Provide leadership and strategic vision to the organization; including but not limited to operational, managerial and administrative procedures, reporting structures and operation controls to the company.
- Leadership role that will drive results, spur growth and increase the overall efficiency of the organization
- Provide support for the SVP on top priorities and goals
- Set priorities - for the year and focus areas for each period; ensuring broad alignment within the organization and through partners and related teams.
- Provide thought leadership and strategic thinking while driving the process to refine the strategy, OKR’s, budgets and execution plans for the team, as well as how we will measure success against it and report on progress.
- Motivate and encourage employees at all levels as one of the key leaders in the company including but not limited to professional staff, management level employees and executive leadership team members.
- Drive team structural adjustments & culture - Operational Org Changes and Leadership Team Design, Lead Culture focus and Lead efforts to create the best place to work for our team.
- Lead cross company rhythm of business - working across teams to ensure alignment on strategic and broad initiatives across the company.
- Provide honest and thoughtful guidance and advice to the SVP - on products, campaigns, communications, people, and team pulse.
- Own and incubate any special projects critical to the business; operationalize and integrate these special projects into the main work stream at the right point.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Business, Finance or Organizational Development; prefer MBA
- At least 7 years of experience in strategic planning and development, including department communications, leadership team meetings, presentations, with cross-functional global teams
- At least 5 yrs. budgeting and/or financial experience in a corporate environment
- Exceptional executive presence, business acumen and presentation skills.
- Experience in building relationships and working with executives at all levels.
- Ability to work across organizational boundaries to build alignment and drive closure on issues.
- Experience working with large distributed technology teams
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and navigate through uncertain situations to drive for clarity
- Ability to impact and influence at all levels of Coupang, bringing others along and driving for collective impact
- Strong business acumen and mental agility to ramp quickly across our diverse businesses
- 5+ years project management experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite
- BSc/BA in business administration or relevant field; MSc/MA is a definite plus
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, transgender status), national origin, age, disability, medical condition, HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis C status, marital status, military or veteran status, use of a trained dog guide or service animal, political activities, affiliations, citizenship, or any other characteristic or class protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.