Do you want to join the world’s fastest growing e-Commerce company? Do you want to be part of the team that impacts tens of millions of online and mobile consumers? Do you want to build products from scratch and be able to shape the product vision and roadmaps? Coupang is the place! Coupang is the world’s fastest growing e-Commerce company and South Korea’s answer to Amazon. Coupang is currently valued at $5 billion. In only its fourth year, Coupang boasts over 20 million subscribers and annual revenue run rate over $2 billion. It is the #1 player in mobile e-commerce in Korea, which is a massive $50 billion market opportunity.
Coupang’s goal is to provide a consistent shopping experience that blends both “discovery” and “intent” based shopping with superior product selection and customer service. We enable this via our innovative mobile application, optimized delivery network, as well as leveraging a highly scalable platform and best in class data analytics.
About the role:
Engineering leaders at Coupang play a critical role in building platform and services at scale that directly help with customer acquisition, experience and conversion. In this role you will build and lead a product development team focused on design, development and operation of marketing platform and services. You will use real-time data processing and machine learning to optimize for the best marketing channel to target the right group of customers at the right time.
- Increase active Customer base by millions while growing wallet share by double digit percentage points
- Build a marketing tech center of excellence consisting of platform engineers, data engineers, machine learning engineers and product owner(s)
- Leverage real-time data processing and machine learning to build a closed-loop automated marketing platform that can support campaign management, automated ad targeting, bidding, offer matching, budget optimization and various other AI/ML based services
- Strong technical credentials, with at least 7 years leading or managing software engineering teams
- Proven track record of delivering software products on time using agile processes in a fast paced environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and demonstrate proven technical leadership
- Experience working closely with distributed global teams
- Hands-on architecture and large scale distributed systems experience
- Hands-on experience in AdTech, MarTech, eCommerce and/or Machine Learning
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive. High on bias for action
- Smart about choosing between fast and right
- Strong analytical skills with excellent problem solving abilities
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or the equivalent strongly preferred
- Experience with customer insights, user segmentation and streaming analytics is a plus