Coupang is one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce platforms on the planet. We are on a mission to revolutionize everyday lives for our customers, employees and partners. We solve problems no one has solved before to create a world where people ask, “How did we ever live without Coupang?” Coupang is a global company with offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, and Silicon Valley.
Coupang’s platform team is responsible for developing platforms upon which other areas of our business can build applications, processes, and technologies. The team creates worry-free platforms that allow for business or domain specific developments, and reduce the lead time and resources required by our internal customers to achieve their goals. Our talented developers and engineers in search and discovery execute Coupang’s vision to become the ultimate destination for product discovery. Whether our customers know what products they are looking for or are simply browsing, our search and discovery team seeks to build a product search and discovery experience that allows us to sync seamlessly with our customers’ interests and thought processes, whilst delivering a worry-free and secure shopping experience.
Our vision for Data Platform is to provide reliable, scalable, and worry-free tools to manage, process, and visualize data at scale. Those tools should be adopted by internal teams/users voluntarily and with trust and empower them to build large scale data applications at ease, as well as make data-driven decisions including those time sensitive ones.
As our Senior Principal Data Architect for our data platform team, you will work on greatest & latest data stack of open source & cloud and also:
- Influence how combination of Opensource & Cloud technologies are applied to build world class data systems
- Help build vision, strategy & objectives of the Big Data platform
- Recommend data technology & various platforms to solve business problems
- Create Architecture for complex data related systems for scale, efficiency (Storage & Compute), low latency, high daily traffic
- Identify GAPS in existing data systems & recommend improvement path
- Build customer relationship with various other groups in the company
- As a senior member on the team you will also mentor junior engineers on the team
- Architect & execute data platform vision to enable hundreds of internal users & apps
- Architect data platform services using bigdata technologies like Hadoop and Spark
- Operate & optimize Big Data environment (Hadoop or equivalent)
- Design & help develop the roadmap of next generation data framework & tools
- Drive the design, building, and launching of new data models and data pipelines in production
- Collaborate with domains teams to build best in class service with high availability, performance & scale
- Provide technical leadership to the team
- Architect Data Platform to support AI & ML services within Coupang
- Over 10 years of experience in design, development and operation of data platform components like Big Data Platform, Data ware house and Data movement tools/framework
- Strong capabilities in using one or more languages among Java, Scala, and Python. (6+ Years’ experience in related field)
- 5+ Years of experience in operating and/or data processing using Hadoop, Hive, Spark, and other large-scale distributed processing system
- Strong experience in Linux or equivalent environment
- Experience in leading large scale data projects to solve real business projects
- Experience in data modelling to meet large scale requirements
- Strong data processing experience
- Strong communication skill with team member, stakeholder, and managers
- Experience in SQL or similar languages and development experience in at least one object-oriented language (Python, Java, etc.)
- Data architecture experience
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Math, Physics, engineering, or other technical field or equivalent
- Agile Development process experience
- Architect and/or manager experience in term of engineering techniques and people management in the past
- Experience working with the global remote teams/offices
Recruitment Process and Others
- Recruitment Process: Application Review - Phone Interview - Onsite Interview - Offer
(The recruitment process may be different depending on the job and may be changed due to scheduling and circumstances.)
- This job post may be closed early if all openings are filled.
- If there is any false information in the application, the offer may be cancelled.
- Veteran status or disability will not result in any disadvantages in the recruitment process.
- Interview schedules and the results will be informed to the applicant via the e-mail address submitted at the application stage.
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, transgender status), national origin, age, disability, medical condition, HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis C status, marital status, military or veteran status, use of a trained dog guide or service animal, political activities, affiliations, citizenship, or any other characteristic or class protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.