Coupang is one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce platforms on the planet. Our mission is to create a world in which Customers ask “How did I ever live without Coupang?”We are looking for passionate builders to help us get there. Powered by world-class technology and operations, we have set out to transform the end-to-end Customer experience -- from revolutionizing last-mile delivery to rethinking how Customers search and discover on a truly mobile-first platform. We have been named one of the “50 Smartest Companies in the World”by MIT Technology Review and “30 Global Game Changers”by Forbes.
Coupang is a global company with offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, and Silicon Valley.
Who We Are?
Supply Chain Automationis responsible for predicting what customers want to buy and automating the inventory ordering process. We create a daily demand forecast for all Coupang’s Retail SKUs, every day. We work with internal stakeholders to solve challenging Supply Chain problems at scale. Our systems ensure Coupang’s customers are delighted with consistently available products. Automation supports scale and efficiency of our Supply Chain processes.
How We Do?
We use Big Dataprocesses to generate our daily forecast and buying decisions. We work to automate manual decision making in Supply Chain to improve our customer experience and reduce waste. Our Automated Buying systems combine machine learning with human oversight.
- Analyze use cases from internal stakeholders and work with Data Scientists / Engineers to evaluate potential solutions.
- Provide analysis in the form of documents and presentations to drive alignment
- Provide root cause analysis affecting key business problems
- Help identify key areas of improvement and opportunities for growth
- Actively communicate with a wide variety of people and support solution implementation
- Document what you learn and observe, and the results of the analyses. Suggest the best ways to present and document analysis
- Work with an Agile cross-functional team of Data Scientists, Product Owners and Engineers to build world-class systems
- 3-5 years relevant experience in e-Commerce, Retail or Supply Chain industry
- Bachelor’s degree in analytical or business field (Mathematics, CS, Engineering, Statistics, Economics, etc)
- Master’s or Ph.D. a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group - executives, managers etc.
- Ability to prioritize and work effectively in a complex, fast-paced environment
- Expertise in SQL and Excel
- Working experience with R (or other statistical packages) a plus
- Experience with Exploratory Data Analysis or Statistics a plus
- Supply Chain domain experience a plus