Coupang is one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce platforms on the planet. We are on a mission to revolutionize everyday lives for our customers, employees and partners. We solve problems no one has solved before to create a world where people ask, “How did we ever live without Coupang?” Coupang is a global company with offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, and Silicon Valley.
As our Senior Computer Vision /Deep Learning Engineer for our Visual Intelligence team, you will be responsible to build the cutting- edge computer vision/artificial intelligence products. The environment is fast-paced and agile, and you should enjoy and be adept at leveraging technology solutions to drive innovation for a fast-changing global e-commerce business.
As a software engineer working on vision intelligence, You will work alongside a group of experienced research scientists and software development engineers to research cutting edge computer vision algorithms and develop production-level software. You will contribute to the development and growth of technologies like object localization, visual attribute extraction, visual search engine, multi-modal search, and other deep learning algorithm.As part of a team that is still developing here in the U.S., your ability to have direct impact on the company will be much greater than at any other large company. Join us!
- Developing the distributed systems to serve customer via a service API, a web page, or an mobile app, and collect data from customers, and derive metrics and insights
- Developing the deep learning infrastructure to facilitate data cleaning, model training, model verification and model deployment
- To work independently and collaborate with the scientists to design brand new network structure, transfer functions, pooling functions, loss functions, optimization methods etc, to solve challenging problems in computer vision and artificial intelligence;
- Identify and solve hard problems to improve the system scalability, enhance the reliability as well as optimize the resource efficiency
- Experienced in highly scalable and reliable services-oriented architecture
- Experienced in deep learning technologies, proficient in caffe / tensorflow / pyTorch, etc.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and deliver results in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work with a cross-functional team to turn ideas into working solution
- Ability to think out side the box and challenge conventional wisdoms
- Excellent cross team collaboration and strong communication skills
- Masters or PhD degree preferably in Computer science, Statistics, EE, or equivalent
- Autonomy to make decisions in a rapidly growing company
- 18 days PTO + 12 national holidays off
- 401K matching
- Pre-IPO stock options
- Mobile & fitness reimbursement
- Flexible working hours
- Catered lunches
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, transgender status), national origin, age, disability, medical condition, HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis C status, marital status, military or veteran status, use of a trained dog guide or service animal, political activities, affiliations, citizenship, or any other characteristic or class protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org