Coupang is one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce platforms on the planet. We are on a mission to revolutionize everyday lives for our customers, employees and partners. We solve problems no one has solved before to create a world where people ask, “How did we ever live without Coupang?” Coupang is a global company with offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, and Silicon Valley.
As a Site Reliability Engineer working on Storage Platform, you will combine both software and systems engineering skills to build and run large-scale, massively distributed, fault-tolerant systems.
SRE ensures that our systems and services have sufficient reliability and uptime in accordance to the business needs. You have the opportunity to build some of the largest database/storage systems and platform components to support data access traffic with thousands to millions of QPS (queries per second). You will also be expected to improve system reliability and availability by implementing software and processes to prevent failures.
- Design, develop and implement software that improves the stability, scalability, availability, and latency of the storage platform (NoSQL and RDBMS);
- Solve problems occurring with our production systems, and build solutions and automation to prevent them from reoccurring;
- Automate operations and responses to non-exceptional service conditions;
- Build effective monitoring systems to keep track of the health of our systems, and alert us to take actions before incident situations;
- Build and run capacity tests to manage the growth of our systems;
- Adopt appropriate open-source tools to quickly build minimum working solutions;
- Develop tools to improve efficiency and quality of system maintenance and operations;
- Share the on-call rotation and be an escalation contact for incidents.
- Expert in at least one of these programming language. Java, Python, or Go is a plus
- Solid understanding of Software Engineering and Computer Science principles
- Solid foundation in Linux and networking troubleshooting
- Experience with building, operating, and scaling complex or distributed systems;
- Bachelors degree in computer science, electrical engineering, engineering, information technology or equivalent or equivalent work experience
- Proven experience with automation. Knowledge of configuration management tools
- Strong knowledge of Cloud computing operations in AWS, Azure, or GCP
- Docker and Kubernetes experience
- Autonomy to make decisions in a rapidly growing company
- 18 days PTO + 12 national holidays off
- 401K matching
- Pre-IPO stock options
- Mobile & fitness reimbursement
- Flexible working hours
- Catered lunches
Recruitment Process and Others
- Recruitment Process: Application Review - Phone Interview - Onsite Interview - Offer
(The recruitment process may be different depending on the job and may be changed due to scheduling and circumstances.)
- This job post may be closed early if all openings are filled.
- If there is any false information in the application, the offer may be cancelled.
- Veteran status or disability will not result in any disadvantages in the recruitment process.
- Interview schedules and the results will be informed to the applicant via the e-mail address submitted at the application stage.
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, transgender status), national origin, age, disability, medical condition, HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis C status, marital status, military or veteran status, use of a trained dog guide or service animal, political activities, affiliations, citizenship, or any other characteristic or class protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.