We are looking for a customer-obsessed intern to join our team in Mountain View and own the systems integration and other technology that makes Global work. You will be part of a team that is working to grow an exciting and emerging part of Coupang. The environment is fast-paced and agile, and you will work with new technologies to help us build a better service for our customers. You should enjoy and be adept at leveraging technology solutions to drive innovation for a fast-changing global e-commerce business.
Our interns write and develop real software and work alongside a group of experienced software development engineers. This group of engineers will both help and challenge you in creating something that is directly applicable to the growth of Coupang. As part of a team that is still developing its procedures here in the U.S., your ability to have direct impact on the company will be much greater than at any other large company. You will contribute to the development and growth of things like natural language understanding, dynamic pricing, big data, machine learning, and optimization to name just a few. Join us!
You will be a part of the systems that run Coupang Global in the US and integrate with Coupang's systems in Korea. You will work with the business team and leverage technology to help this area innovate and grow. Platforms that you will be building include A/B testing, ranking, recommendations, search/discovery, supply chain management, retail systems, adtech, etc!
- Completed or currently working on BS, prefer in CS or equivalent
- Programming Languages: Java /C++ /C# /Python
- Familiar with OO thinking, Proficient in J2EE development
- Familiar with SQL/NoSQL, proficient in MySQL/Mongo
- Hard Worker, Dedicated, Self Motivated
- Team collaboration and Strong Communication skills
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and deliver results in a fast-paced environment
- Ownership and urgency across all responsible projects
- Ability to work with a cross-functional team to turn ideas into working solutions
- Experience with SQL and relational database systems
- Experience in an e-commerce or technology-driven retail environment
- Experience working with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Bilingual in Korean
- Experience in a dynamic startup or startup-like environment
Perks once an FTE:
- Autonomy to make decisions in a rapidly growing company
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 15 days PTO + 15 national holidays off
- 401K matching
- Pre-IPO stock options
- Mobile & fitness reimbursement
- Flexible working hours
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, transgender status), national origin, age, disability, medical condition, HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis C status, marital status, military or veteran status, use of a trained dog guide or service animal, political activities, affiliations, citizenship, or any other characteristic or class protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.