Coupang is one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce platforms on the planet. We are on a mission to revolutionize everyday lives for our customers, employees and partners. We solve problems no one has solved before to create a world where people ask, “How did we ever live without Coupang?” Coupang is a global company with offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, and Silicon Valley.
As our Software Engineer/Applied Machine learning engineer for Recommendations, you will be responsible for developing, designing the new features and improve existing features for many product areas we own.
Mission of the team:
Recommendation team is responsible for Coupang’s product recommendation, personalized gateway and product review quality. Product recommendation is a fast- growing area and we are continuously improving recommendation quality to help more and more customers find the best products for them. We have also just started investing in personalized Gateway, aiming to build one of the best e-commerce discovery experiences. The team launched the first Learning to Rank platform in Coupang. We use state of the art Machine Learning and Deep Learning technologies, and we continuously innovate and build highly scalable systems to support the growing business and customer engagement.
- Designing and developing core infrastructure for product recommendation and personalized recommendation.
- Working with external teams to develop and support new features for personalized gateway
- Designing and implementing the machine learning algorithms for recommendation ranking.
- Creating new features and improve existing features to improve customer discovery experience on Coupang
- Creating production system, continuous deployment and monitoring system to build/maintain highly scalable and robust recommendation system for Coupang.
- BS degree in computer science or related field.
- Able to write robust and efficient production code using Java,Python with unit test / integration test.
- Fast paced self-learner with proving record of launching successful products/features.
- Proven experience of building highly scalable,low-latency distributed systems.
- Understand production environment and can independently create production environment, continuous build and monitoring.
- Able to dive deep to debug and resolve usual production issues.
- Track record of diving into data to discover hidden patterns and solving operational problems with data science
- At least 1 year of experience working with large-scale, complex datasets to create/optimize machine learning, predictive, forecasting, and/or optimization models.
- Practical understanding and hands-on experience with
- Supervised learning methods (linear and logistic regression,generalized linear models, decision trees, random forests, support vectormachines, neural networks / deep learning, etc.).
- Unsupervised learning methods (K-means, hierarchical clustering)
- Autonomy to make decisions in a rapidly growing company
- 18 days PTO + 12 national holidays off
- 401K matching
- Pre-IPO stock options
- Mobile & fitness reimbursement
- Flexible working hours
- Catered lunches
Recruitment Process and Others
- Recruitment Process: Application Review - Phone Interview - Onsite Interview - Offer
(The recruitment process may be different depending on the job and may be changed due to scheduling and circumstances.)
- This job post may be closed early if all openings are filled.
- If there is any false information in the application, the offer may be cancelled.
- Veteran status or disability will not result in any disadvantages in the recruitment process.
- Interview schedules and the results will be informed to the applicant via the e-mail address submitted at the application stage.
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, transgender status), national origin, age, disability, medical condition, HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis C status, marital status, military or veteran status, use of a trained dog guide or service animal, political activities, affiliations, citizenship, or any other characteristic or class protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.