Coupang is one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce platforms on the planet. We are on a mission to revolutionize everyday lives for our customers, employees and partners. We solve problems no one has solved before to create a world where people ask, “How did we ever live without Coupang?” Coupang is a global company with offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, and Silicon Valley.
As our Senior, Business Analyst for Marketplace Business Intelligence, you will be responsible for operational reporting and insights to make our consumer experience world-class.
The Marketplace Business Intelligence team is the brain of the organization – we provide the data and insights that support decision-making on everything, from ongoing business performance to new product features. We do not want our analysts to simply run queries to extract data - we want you to take the next step to understand sellers and the e-commerce ecosystem, and become proficient at deciding what metrics the team should look at to gain further insight to move the business forward. The questions we answer will not always be clearly defined - part of our role in the business is interpreting those questions and helping people understand what they’re really trying to figure out. The insights we provide help product and business leaders make decisions on what to build - a crucial decision to make, given limited resources. This role presents you with a great opportunity to gain deep understanding of the e-commerce domain and become a trusted source of information for the top levels of decision-making within the organization.
- Developing and maintain weekly business review metrics for core product functions of seller business
- Automating existing processes to make the business more efficient
- Translating critical data to stakeholders with quick insights and/or data visualization
- Conducting deep “root cause” analysis on critical business problems by leveraging your understanding of sellers and the data we collect
- Working with product managers to develop new metrics to measure success of new project launches
- Working with our data team to guide them on the latest data needs to automate reporting
- Mentoring junior analysts on SQL – our mission is to share knowledge and make everyone around us better
- Ability to take an assignment and run with it - with little guidance or oversight
- Ability to work in a dynamic and fast changing environment with many asks and multiple stakeholders - you need to be a self-starter who is good at prioritizing your work
- One who has bachelor's degree in engineering, sciences or analytical disciplines with 3-5 year experience
- One who has expert SQL and Excel skills are a requirement for this role - 2+ years experience is great
- One who has experience querying Big Data Systems (Hive, Hadoop, or Hue)
- One who has ability to prioritize work in a complex, fast-paced environment.
- One who has bachelor degree in finance/mathematics or computer science or Masters degree in any related field
- One who has experience with BI reporting and dashboarding using Tableau
- One who has experience in working in ecommerce or internet services business
- One who has experience with Python is a plus
- One who has experience with financial modeling/forecasting
Recruitment Process and Others
1. Recruitment Process: Application Review - Phone Interview - Onsite Interview - Offer
(The recruitment process may be different depending on the job and may be changed due to scheduling and circumstances.)
a. This job post may be closed early if all openings are filled.
b. If there is any false information in the application, the offer may be cancelled.
c. Veteran status or disability will not result in any disadvantages in the recruitment process.
d. Interview schedules and the results will be informed to the applicant via the e-mail address submitted at the application stage.