* English will follow Korean
쿠팡은 세계에서 가장 빠르고 크게 성장하는 Ecommerce 기업 입니다. 우리는 고객, 직원, 파트너 그리고 우리를 둘러싼 모든 사람들의 일상을 어떻게 혁신 할 수 있을 지 매 순간 고민합니다. 우리는 아직 아무도 풀지 못한 문제를 해결함으로써 사람들이 이렇게 묻는 세상을 만들고자 합니다. “쿠팡 없이 어떻게 살았을까?” 쿠팡은 서울뿐만 아니라 베이징, LA, 시애틀, 상하이와 실리콘밸리 등에 오피스를 두고 있는 글로벌 기업입니다.
- 컴퓨터 공학 또는 관련 분야 학사 혹은 그 이상의 학위 소지자
- 엔터프라이즈 시스템 구축 경험 최소 8년 이상
- 객체 지향 프로그래밍 (Object-Oriented Programming) 경험 및 Java 와 그 외 언어에 대한 전문적 지식 보유
- 대규모 서비스 설계, 구축, 운영 경험
- 적극적으로 문제를 진단할 수 있는 능력과 혁신적으로 문제를 해결하는 능력 보유
- 컴퓨터 공학 석사 학위 소지자
- Ecommerce 도메인에서 5년 이상의 근무 경력
- Frontend에 맞게 퍼포먼스를 조정할 수 있는 분
- 영어 커뮤니케이션이 가능한 분
- TTI 및 레이턴시에 대한 전문적 지식을 보유한 분
- AWS, Spring 프레임워크에 대한 이해도가 있으신 분
전형 절차 및 기타사항:
- 전형절차: 서류전형 - 전화면접 - 대면면접 - 최종합격 (전형절차는 직무별로 다르게 운영될 수 있으며, 일정 및 상황에 따라 변동될 수 있습니다.)
- 본 공고는 모집 완료 시 조기마감 될 수 있습니다.
- 지원서 내용 중 허위사실이 있는 경우에는 합격이 취소될 수 있습니다.
- 보훈대상자 및 장애인 여부는 채용과정에서 어떠한 불이익도 미치지 않습니다.
- 전형일정 및 결과는 지원서에 등록하신 이메일로 개별 안내 드립니다.
Coupang is one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce platforms on the planet. We are on a mission to revolutionize everyday lives for our customers, employees and partners. We solve problems no one has solved before to create a world where people ask, “How did we ever live without Coupang?” Coupang is a global company with offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, and Silicon Valley.
What Product Engineering does at Coupang?
Product Engineering at Coupang is responsible for providing an end-to-end shopping experience to Coupang customers. We are in charge of most of the pivotal systems at Coupang including Home, Search/Product Listing, Cart/Checkout, Order system, Product Review, and Rocket Wow. We develop various services to offer a better shopping experience. The vision of Product Engineering is to ensure a highly scalable and reliable system and thereby provide the best e-commerce experience in Korea.
We provide a full range of services, from the moment a customer accesses the Coupang app for sign up and log in, searches products on Home, checks product details on the detail page, adds products to the cart, and proceeds checkout to the moment he/she writes product reviews. Every day a massive number of users purchase various products including Rocket Delivery/Rocket Fresh/Rocket-jikgu on our system. We are also developing full stack domains including the rapidly growing Rocket Wow Club and Coupang Eats.
We design, provide and manage a system capable of handling a huge amount of traffic. Think about a system processing millions of orders a day! Our biggest mission and challenge is to build an invincible platform and service that are fail-proof regardless of the time and size of traffic. We believe that working as an engineer developing customer-facing services at Coupang where cloud environment is built based on MSA will be an invaluable experience that is hard to find elsewhere. It will also serve as an opportunity to clearly understand different AWS services along with the strengths and weaknesses of MSA. What’s more - we also develop and provide various platforms to improve business development and maintenance productivity.
Above all, we put top priority on people and believe that finding the right career path for individuals to grow is important. The entire team is passionate, greatly motivated and inspire each other. We are also a global team with members working at different regions including Shanghai, Beijing, Seoul, and San Francisco-Mountain View.
What Principle, Software engineer does?
Principal Software Engineer is a key player who ensures system reliability and stability. You will participate in activities supporting this mandate such as code/architecture reviews and play a critical role in making decisions regarding system design. Additionally, you should be able to detect, analyze, and solve even trivial system issue. Based on an in-depth understanding of web programming, you will build a sophisticated and reliable back-end system by managing massive traffic and transactions. You will be engaged in every step of the process from defining and building the MSA front system and designing the system layout of the site to operating all the features.
Moreover, you will enhance the technical capabilities of the team and organization. You should be able to write testable, efficient, and stable codes to enhance code quality and share them across the organization. Continued interest in the latest technology is also required to maintain a high level of Product Engineering skills as well as ongoing exchanges with fellow engineers through Tech Talks and CoP activities.
In this role, you will be able to work independently with wide supervision. You will take on the ownership of domains you are in charge of, and communicate and collaborate with engineers from different teams and nationalities. Furthermore, you will be involved in solving complex business requirements working alongside product owners, UX designers, and many other stakeholders to develop systems. You are also expected to design a system based on the analysis of requirements and plan release schedules for tests to be carried out at the soonest possible. Quality assurance through system monitoring after release is also part of the job scope.
- Write well designed, testable, efficient codes by using best software development practices
- Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs
- Design scalable architecture, system and implement the products from the scratch
- Taking responsibility of code review/design review committer, and raise up the bar of engineering excellence
- Performing key engineer role to make decision on system design
- Stay plugged into emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them into operations and activities
- Bachelor or above degree in Computer Science or related
- At least 8 years’ experience to build enterprise system
- Experience with object oriented programming and expert in Java or other languages
- Experience design and building large scale services, and operating experiences
- Aggressive problem diagnosis and creative problem solving skills
- Master’s degree in Computer Science
- 5+ years of experience in the e-commerce domain
- Ability to adjust performance according to front-end requirements
- Ability to communicate in English
- Expertise in TTI and latency
- Understanding of AWS and Spring framework
Recruitment Process and Others:
- Recruitment Process: Application Review - Phone Interview - Onsite Interview - Offer (The recruitment process may be different depending on the job and may be changed due to scheduling and circumstances.)
- This job post may be closed early if all openings are filled.
- If there is any false information in the application, the offer may be cancelled.
- Veteran status or disability will not result in any disadvantages in the recruitment process.
- Interview schedules and the results will be informed to the applicant via the e-mail address submitted at the application stage.
Recruiter: Jongwon Park, 박종원 (email@example.com)