Coupang is one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce platforms on the planet. Our mission is to create a world in which Customers ask “How did I ever live without Coupang?” We are looking for passionate builders to help us get there. Powered by world-class technology and operations, we have set out to transform the end-to-end Customer experience -- from revolutionizing last-mile delivery to rethinking how Customers search and discover on a truly mobile-first platform. We have been named one of the “50 Smartest Companies in the World” by MIT Technology Review and “30 Global Game Changers” by Forbes.
Coupang is a global company with offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, and Silicon Valley.
Search and Discovery Product
Our vision is to make Coupang the destination to find, explore, research, and buy any product. Our team is responsible for every interaction from the time Customers sign up for a new Coupang account to finding the product they’re looking for to making the purchase. We leverage technologies such as machine learning and A/B testing to rethink how our millions of Customers search, discover, and purchase items across our vast product catalog.
At Catalog Platform and Quality, our goal is to build scalable systems that run the product catalog that powers the online buying experience for our Customers. We want to build a consistent experience by automatically detecting features from our catalog, and enriching the catalog with structured information. We use machine learning to develop models to extract missing data from text and images, detect inaccuracies and fix them automatically while striving to build efficient workflows allowing humans to apply their judgement only when necessary.
As Director of Product Management, you will be expected to:
- Define and drive the vision, strategy and success metrics of end-to-end Customer experience
- Have a deep understanding of the Customer and provide the Voice of the Customer
- Identify opportunities to improve purchase conversion by removing any friction points in the end-to-end shopping experience
- Build and lead a team of Product Owners (also known as Product Managers) responsible for the entire product life cycle from strategic planning to implementation
- Dive deep and maintain the technical understanding needed to actively contribute to engineering and product decision making
- Work closely with the software development team to deliver high-quality solutions, and provide guidance regarding architecture, design, and priorities
- Drive alignment with a variety of stakeholders including executives, category leaders, business operations, and infrastructure teams
- Regularly review metrics and proactively seek out new and improved data/mechanisms for visibility
- Prioritize and manage a portfolio of projects and initiatives, considering trade-offs and optimizing for Customer experience
- Consistently bring strong, data-driven business and technical judgment to decisions
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of experience in product management, including developing, delivering and executing on a strong product vision
- Analytical thinker who works well in a global, fast-paced, data-driven, cross-functional, and highly ambiguous entrepreneurial culture
- Bias for action and willingness to get your hands dirty to get the job done
- Sound business judgment and proven ability to effectively communicate and influence others, including executive level reviews
- Ability to think strategically and at the same time stay on top of tactical execution
- Extremely strong verbal and written communications skills
- e-Commerce experience
- Experience with distributed systems, big data, and machine learning
- Experience with NLP, information retrieval, and computer vision
Recruitment Process and Others:
- Recruitment Process: Application Review - Phone Interview - Onsite Interview - Offer (The recruitment process may be different depending on the job and may be changed due to scheduling and circumstances.)
- This job post may be closed early if all openings are filled.
- If there is any false information in the application, the offer may be cancelled.
- Veteran status or disability will not result in any disadvantages in the recruitment process.
- Interview schedules and the results will be informed to the applicant via the e-mail address submitted at the application stage.
Recruiter: Nana (email@example.com)