Coupang is one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce platforms on the planet. We are on a mission to revolutionize everyday lives for our customers, employees and partners. We solve problems no one has solved before to create a world where people ask, “How did we ever live without Coupang?”
Coupang is a global company with offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, and Silicon Valley.
- The Security Architect/Engineer at Coupang is responsible for designing and implementing security solutions for both Coupang’s internal IT environment and its e-commerce platform.
- The ideal candidate should possess a combination of strong technical knowledge across multiple information security domains and a solid development background.
- The candidate will partner with engineering teams across the company to design, develop, and implement security solutions to identify and close security gaps for AWS cloud and on-premise data center environments.
- The candidate will be an advocate and practitioner of DevSecOps implementing a tools driven and highly automated approach to bake security into developer's workflow.
- The candidate will serve as trusted advisor to engineering teams delivering architecture guidance, leading proof of concept evaluations, and assisting in large-scale implementations.
- This is a unique, exciting opportunity to work on and learn about the latest and greatest technologies in the cloud, security and DevSecOps.
- Provide guidance and subject matter expertise on infrastructure, application & data security to engineering teams across the company
- Apply risk-based thinking enabling teams to make the right security decisions and priorities
- Identify gaps in existing security architecture and design and recommend changes or enhancements
- Develop and promote the adoption of security patterns and practices of using AWS and other internal and third party services
- Build tools and automation that enable Coupang developers to easily consume security services delivered by the security team
- Partner with platform and engineering teams to integrate security controls into continuous integration, delivery and deployment processes
- Build strong relationships with Coupang's technical teams and cultivate a culture of security awareness and ownership
- Bachelor degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related field or equivalent experience
- Strong foundation and in-depth technical knowledge in security engineering, computer and network security, authentication and security protocols, and applied cryptography
- Understanding of Software Security Architecture and Design, SDLC and the ability to clearly articulate best practices for application security
- Experience with public cloud environments and technologies, including Amazon Web Services (AWS) or other
- Experience in DevOps environments and automating security controls into the CI/CD process
- Experience with Jenkins or other CI tools and knowledge of technologies like containers and microservices
Recruitment Process and Others
1. Recruitment Process: Application Review - Phone Interview - Onsite Interview - Offer
(The recruitment process may be different depending on the job and may be changed due to scheduling and circumstances.)
- This job post may be closed early if all openings are filled.
- If there is any false information in the application, the offer may be cancelled.
- Veteran status or disability will not result in any disadvantages in the recruitment process.
- Interview schedules and the results will be informed to the applicant via the e-mail address submitted at the application stage.