Sales manager - Northern UK
Countingup is on a mission to make running a small business simple. Our vision is that every small business has its accounting and business current account in one place. We're a venture-backed fintech and an early-stage startup with ambitious plans for growth.
All of us at Countingup are committed to “The Countingup Way”:
- Do your best work
- Enjoy it
- Get it done
This new role has been created to drive our ambitious growth targets. We see partnering with accountants as being a key driver to our success.
To achieve these ambitious goals we are building two centres of excellence for our Sales team. One will be based in the Northern UK (probably Manchester) and the other in the Southern UK based in our London office. There will be flexibility to work remotely but the successful candidate must be able to travel when required.
During the next 18 months, the Countingup sales organisation will be growing from one account manager to a team of 23. Our two Sales Managers will play a key role in this scale-up. Experience in recruiting salespeople and scaling a sales team is highly desirable. Our CCO will be working closely with you to achieve our ambitious goals.
You’ll also work closely with leaders in our Marketing, Customer Success, Product and Design teams. Experience of selling via accountants is highly desirable and channel sales experience is essential.
- Managing the recruiting, training and exiting of the Sales team
- Leading by example by having a small portfolio of firms that you work with to drive account opens
- Leading the ongoing coaching and developing of the team
- Manage the performance of every member of the sales team against the agreed targets and KPIs.
- Motivating team to achieve new monthly recurring revenue objectives
- Ensure that all records are maintained within the CRM system.
- Forecasting and managing the partner sign-up to activation conversion
- Report in an accurate and timely manner to the CCO
- Identify opportunities and implement solutions to continuously improve the sales process
- Overseeing the capacity planning of headcount and roles
- Contributing to the direction and growth of the UK accountant partner channel
- Working with Marketing to ensure sufficient lead volume and quality
- Working with Marketing to build out a compelling suite of sales and channel enablement tools and collateral.
- Actively participating in lead generation activities
- At least 2 years experience and success in a sales leadership role
- Achievement-oriented, highly motivated, ambitious and competitive
- Resilient, tenacious and driven
- Proven experience developing a top-performing sales team
- Analytical and data-informed.
- Experience of being a successful and above target individual contributor within other sales organisations.
- Exceptional at building relationships with colleagues and able to ensure that leadership is delivered across a large team.
- Thrives in a fast-paced transactional environment
- Strong and proven coaching skills
- 5+ years of sales experience.
- 2+ years of experience in sales leadership positions.
- Experience of working with accountants is highly desirable.
- Software or SaaS experience
- A hands-on leader who can strategise and execute on their own and through others