Head of Customer Success
Countingup is on a mission to make running a small business simple. Our vision is that every small business has its accounting and business current account in one place. We're a venture-backed fintech and an early-stage startup with ambitious plans for growth.
All of us at Countingup are committed to “The Countingup Way”:
- Do your best work
- Enjoy it
- Get it done
From the moment our customers begin an application for a Countingup business account that is where our Customer Success team takes over. You’ll work with Compliance, Product, Design and Marketing to ensure that our application process is as straightforward as possible.
You’ll recruit, train and coach a team to deliver an out of the world customer experience. If a new customer needs guidance with their application, your team will call them and talk them through the process.
If an existing customer needs advice on how to use one of our accounting features or share data with their accountant, you’ll make sure they have the information they need. When a new feature or product is launched you’ll work with teams across the business to make this launch as successful as possible.
When a customer has a problem, the team will show empathy and go the extra mile. Our CSAT scores and Trustpilot reviews are excellent but we still want to get better.
We are now looking for a Customer Success leader to join our Commercial division. Reporting directly into the Chief Commercial Officer, the Head of Customer Success will be the voice of our customers internally.
- Increase the number of successful applications for a Countingup account by providing support through the application process. This includes voice outreach to customers with incomplete applications.
- Influence future lifetime value through higher product adoption and customer satisfaction.
- Drive efficiency by working across the business to build a world-class Customer Success technology stack.
- Drive new business growth through greater advocacy by our existing customers.
- Develop listening points in the customer journey and standardise interventions for each point.
- Define operational metrics for the team and report relevant metrics to the Senior Management Team.
- Create cadence for performance reviews within team
- Attract high potential individual contributors into the team
- Create rapid onboarding process for new team members
- Foster collaboration and help create a company-wide customer feedback loop
- Drive a Customer Success culture across the business.
- 5+ years experience in leading customer-facing organisations
- Ability to manage influence through persuasion, negotiation, and consensus building
- Ideally combined background of post-sale and sales experience
- Strong empathy for customers and passion for revenue and growth
- Deep understanding of value drivers in recurring revenue business models
- Analytical and process-oriented mindset
- Demonstrated desire for continuous learning and improvement
- Enthusiastic and creative leader with the ability to inspire others
- Excellent communication and presentation skills