We are looking for candidates located closer to the Boston and New York City metro areas.
COTA is seeking a Director of Analytics who is naturally curious and can employ various analytics and data science techniques to help further COTA’s business goal of bringing clarity to cancer. The candidate will join the Analytics team, whose mission is to ensure delivery of data products, with quality and also ensure that the data model used to deliver these products is sound. The Analytics team is also involved in bringing data into COTA, and in this regard, the candidate should be able to help with data cleanup, mapping and standardizing into a data lake or warehouse. This is a hands-on role, with the added responsibility of mentorship and guidance of other team members.
- Drive the delivery of data products to customers.
- Enable the above delivery of data products to customers through new or existing data pipeline automation on Cloud Native or Cloud deployed technologies.
- Become the internal and external expert on COTA’s data model; confidently representing our data capabilities to other teams as well as external partners.
- Understand and improve incoming data feeds and pipelines using technologies such as Nextgen Connect
- Help improve data pipeline accuracy by using data science and/or machine learning techniques.
- Suggest, implement, and manage priorities for improvements to COTA’s data model based on business needs and client feedback.
- Synthesize domain knowledge in the Oncology space with data science and analytics programming skills into actionable insights from the data. Independently present and discuss these insights to senior leaders across the organization.
- Represent the Analytics team in partnering with the operations, engineering, and clinical teams to define analytic requirements, enhance data quality.
- Examine analytical results for robustness, validity, and out of sample stability and present findings to various stakeholders across the organization
- Master’s degree in computer science or equivalent
- Knowledge of best practices with data wrangling/mapping/cleansing, and other state-of-the-art relevant computational techniques and processes.
- Strong Python data science skillset or other statistical programming languages (R, SASS, Matlab etc.)
- Strong SQL skillset
- Strong knowledge of engineering practices for development and deployment of code (version control + CI/CD)
- Solid foundational knowledge of descriptive and predictive statistics.
- Passionate about data quality and able to clearly articulate its importance to internal and external partners in specific contexts.
- Collaborative self-starter. COTA is a startup environment and you will be working cross-functionally daily with other data analysts / scientists, engineers, medical professionals, and business professionals.
- Research experience with oncology, genomics or bioinformatics
- Experience with Jupyter Notebooks, Matplotlib, Seaborn, Dask, Docker, BigQuery.
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform or other cloud platforms
- Experience with agile process and a comfort with pivots based on business direction.
At COTA, we are passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that celebrates and values diversity with the belief that it drives our innovation. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is a guiding principle on how we build teams and develop leaders. As part of our commitment to building a respectful culture that encourages, develops and celebrates different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, culture, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or other applicable legally protected characteristics. All employment decisions, including decisions to hire and promote, will be based on merit, competence, business need and performance.
We are a proud equal opportunity employer.