Just four years in, 25% of young women in the US (18-25) have downloaded Co–Star. Our growth has been entirely through word of mouth—we’ve never spent money on ads. We have millions of active users, raised $21,000,000 from the people behind companies like Twitter, Discord, and Snap, and launched our second paid feature.
For thousands of years, astrology has given people the tools to reflect and connect in real, meaningful ways. Co–Star brings astrology into the 21st century with an app users call their “best friend” and therapists recommend to their clients. Astrology is a deterministic system based on the time it takes a planet to orbit the sun. It's more like folk developmental psychology than it is like fortune cookies. Using NASA data interpreted by humans, Co–Star delivers personalized readings in real time. Our AI strings human-written snippets together to generate hyper-personalized interpretations of planetary movements for millions of people.
We're looking for a Product Analyst to own business intelligence (BI) data projects across Co–Star to inform business and product strategies. This role will sit on the product team and will report to the Product Lead for Personalization. You’ll help tens of millions of people connect to each other and themselves – through astrology – in real, meaningful ways.
What you'll do
- Partner closely with product, engineering, data science, and cross-functional teams to inform decisions and strategy through data
- Gather, evaluate, and use in-app data to understand tangible business drivers, prioritize KPIs, and drive decision-making across Co–Star
- Collaborate with product to define and build user segmentation by loyalty, demographics, and behaviors
- Interpret data to provide actionable insight with real, immediate impact and demonstrable business value
- Manage AB testing analysis and recommend appropriate next steps to stakeholders and product team colleagues
- Help cross-functional teams design experiments, test hypotheses, and objectively measure outcomes using quantitative methods
- Work closely with product to define OKRs and the relevant metrics to track for all product features
What you'll bring
- 5+ years of experience gathering and analyzing data to inform product decisions
- 3+ years of SQL work (Python is a major plus)
- Project management mindset – you don't leave details to chance and push for clarity around action items, follow-ups, and resolutions
- Clear communication and the ability to collaborate with cross-functional coworkers from all different backgrounds and perspectives
- An appreciation for the Co–Star product and how it impacts the people who use it
What we offer
- Fully covered $0 deductible healthcare (including therapy, vision, and dental)
- Unlimited vacation (plus a company-wide two week recharge at the end of each year)
- Flexible working hours
- Readings with in-house astrologers
Co–Star deeply values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or zodiac sign.