Just four years in, 25% of young women in the US (18-25) have downloaded Co–Star. Our growth has been entirely through word of mouth—we’ve never spent money on ads. We have millions of active users, raised $21,000,000 from the people behind companies like Twitter, Discord, and Snap, and launched our second paid feature.
For thousands of years, astrology has given people the tools to reflect and connect in real, meaningful ways. Co–Star brings astrology into the 21st century with an app users call their “best friend” and therapists recommend to their clients. Astrology is a deterministic system based on the time it takes a planet to orbit the sun. It's more like folk developmental psychology than it is like fortune cookies. Using NASA data interpreted by humans, Co–Star delivers personalized readings in real time. Our AI strings human-written snippets together to generate hyper-personalized interpretations of planetary movements for millions of people.
We’re looking for the kind of person who has found patterns in the underlying mechanisms of Lil Miquela, $GME 🚀, and sororities. Someone who has thoughts and opinions on everything from the Bernie meme and Kimye to black holes, the abyss, surrealism, and the ethics of friendship. More importantly, someone who wants to launch meaningful shit and can shift from strategy to execution without blinking.
What you'll do
- In collaboration with the content and design teams, define the spectrum of social interactions in Co-Star, based on user segmentation and affinity for astrology
- Drive strategy and own tactical prioritization decisions for roadmap and backlog
- Lead the ideation, technical development, and launch of all social features in-app
- Arm yourself with data to ask good questions, know what direction to investigate, and have frameworks for getting to an answer
- Insightfully define product metrics and requirements and (long term) drive internal access to data through dashboards, education, and mentorship
- Partner with engineering to get realistic estimates, cut scope, manage tech debt, and set a high bar for quality without reactivity; articulate the desired outcome and work collaboratively to create a path to achieve it
- Creatively solve problems by identifying real obstacles and viable solutions
What you'll bring
- 4+ years of product management experience bringing new products to market
- An orientation towards getting shit done, figuring stuff out, and zero tolerance/patience for bullshit
- Comfort in both the nitty gritty details of managing A/B tests, along with the ability to imagine and execute the long term vision of social products at Co–Star
- Empathy and understanding for young women & queers in a moment where much of the universe is oriented against them
- Deep in agile, experimental mindset, particularly lightweight experiments and quick iteration
- Highly analytical, experience with user testing, surveys, and A/B tests – extra points if you know a little SQL
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Ability to quickly absorb technical concepts and effectively simplify and communicate them to a non-technical audience
- Maturity and self-awareness: we’re a small, tight-knit team, comfortable showing up with vulnerability & earnestness and want to continue to protect that
What we offer
- Fully covered $0 deductible healthcare (including therapy, vision, and dental)
- Unlimited vacation (plus a company-wide two week recharge at the end of each year)
- Flexible working hours
- Readings with in-house astrologers
Co–Star deeply values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or zodiac sign.