Just four years in, 25% of young women in the US (18-25) have downloaded Co–Star. Our growth has been entirely through word of mouth—we’ve never spent money on ads. We have millions of active users, raised $21,000,000 from the people behind companies like Twitter, Discord, and Snap, and launched our second paid feature.
For thousands of years, astrology has given people the tools to reflect and connect in real, meaningful ways. Co–Star brings astrology into the 21st century with an app users call their “best friend” and therapists recommend to their clients. Astrology is a deterministic system based on the time it takes a planet to orbit the sun. It's more like folk developmental psychology than it is like fortune cookies. Using NASA data interpreted by humans, Co–Star delivers personalized readings in real time. Our AI strings human-written snippets together to generate hyper-personalized interpretations of planetary movements for millions of people.
We're looking for a Head of Product to report to the CEO and Founder and lead product. You’ll help tens of millions of people connect to each other and themselves – through astrology – in real, meaningful ways.
What you’ll do
- In collaboration with the CEO/Founder, lead the product vision, strategy and roadmap for Co–Star, from conception to launch of consumer-facing features
- Set objectives that help align product development with key goal metrics in mind; primarily focused on user growth, engagement and paid conversion
- Manage and mentor a team of product managers
- Work closely with engineering, design, & content to determine tradeoffs, allocate resources, and prioritize executable stories that meet business goals, meet user needs, and take technical constraints into account
- Accelerate the rate of experimentation through strong practices around measurement and actionable insights
- Encourage the right blend of data and customer insight that leads to amazing outcomes
- Help to create instinct-driven, data-validated models of how and why people are responding to specific features and flows
What you'll bring
- 8+ years of product management experience launching high-growth social consumer-facing products
- 3+ years of management and mentorship experience
- Ability to collect and interpret both qualitative and quantitative data to drive decision-making
- A strong relationship with technology and deep familiarity with personalization and statistics
- An effective and focused understanding on how to achieve business outcomes by applying structure and systematic thinking
- Expertise in the discipline of product management but aren’t dogmatic about process and best practices
- Experience defining metrics and making product and strategic decisions based on A/B testing and/or qualitative feedback
- A love for speaking with customers and the ability to encourage everyone to do the same
- Experience or willingness to learn about NLP, mental health, and culture
What we offer
- Fully covered $0 deductible healthcare (including therapy, vision, and dental)
- Unlimited vacation (plus a company-wide two week recharge at the end of each year)
- Flexible working hours
- Readings with in-house astrologers
Co–Star deeply values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or zodiac sign.