Cosm is a global technology company that builds end-to-end solutions for immersive experiences. We provide a full stack experience solution including the physical design, engineering, and manufacturing; as well as the software, display engine, and content needs to deliver immersive experiences at scale. Our technology enables people to experience entertainment in a new way, across three primary markets: Sports and Entertainment, Science and Education, and Parks and Attractions.
About LiveLike VR
LiveLike VR is a global leader in live immersive sports and entertainment production and distribution, and streaming architecture for partners around the world. Their production portfolio includes the world’s biggest events working with partners such as FOX Sports, FIFA, Telemundo, IPL, UEFA, Sky, BBC, FranceTV, and more.
They empower rights holders and broadcasters to deliver immersive, interactive and social experiences to consumers digitally via headsets (HMDs) and mobile platforms.
We are actively looking for people with experience and passion for streaming technologies to help manage and deliver content across our VR applications. We put strong emphasis on individual ownership and value engineers who take pride in working over the full life cycle of a project.
- Collaborating with the rest of the engineering team to design and launch new features for (VR & Native Applications).
- Maintaining the quality of our systems, code base via best practices including code reviews and refactoring where necessary and ensure responsiveness of applications.
- Designing and developing the application’s front-end in mobile/web platforms and back-end systems.
- Building functionality in an iterative fashion with full unit and integration tests for each function.
- Identifying bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems.
- Providing new creative solutions and ideas for continued product improvement
- Innovating on cutting-edge technologies to create developer friendly libraries, synchronized social experiences, and revolutionize the live sport watching experience.
- Implementing unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability.
- Automating tools and processes that our team can rely on for daily development, QA, releasing, testing.
- Scaling your experience with solid architecture & design principles to ensure the platform scales well as it grows.
We are looking for candidates who can demonstrate the ability of shipping end-to-end consumer products. Ultimately, the candidate expertise and ingenuity problem solving should be accompanied with strong process and scalable methodologies. This is a full-time position.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will iterate on new features / enhancements with our Product and create immersive experiences, to work towards delivering the best experience for our customers. If you think you’ve got the skills and are up for the challenge then consider this your calling.
Pivotal Experience, Expertise & Personal Characteristics:
- Bachelor's Degree in CS/Information Technology discipline.
- 5+ years' experience in Unity3D games development with experience in C sharp
- Complete knowledge of Unity3D including Unity GUI, asset bundles, materials and shaders, and iPhone/Android deployment.
- Good knowledge of game physics and particle systems, game designing skills are a definite plus.
- Experience with coordination with UI development team.
- Experience in implementing web requests and using web APIs in unity.
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs
- Experience in working with a cross-functional, distributed team from concept through completion and future iterations including agile methodologies.
- Experience with multiplayer backend and networking technologies.
- Open to learn and adapt to new tools and techniques to create immersive experiences in multiple platforms.
- Excellent at object-oriented programming; you design your code in a smart way before you start coding, and your code is clean, readable and easily maintainable.
- Adapt, understand and debug code written by another person.
- Familiar with code versioning tools and practices (e.g. Git).
- Willing to document your code when necessary.
Cosm is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.