REPORTS TO: VP, Head of Human Resources
The role will be responsible for administering all payroll processes for all Cosm companies, on-boarding and off-boarding employees in our HRIS system, employee files and point of contact for all employee concerns regarding pay and HR systems. The successful candidate will have a detailed oriented and people focused approach.
- Administer bi-weekly payroll for all Cosm companies
- Responsible for administering and reviewing all approved Timesheet hours in the system
- Ensure all payroll processes are in compliance with federal and state government regulations, laws, and company processes and guidelines.
- Ensure that registration and regulatory filings are in compliance with federal and state requirements.
- Perform audits and analyzes reports to identify and resolve payroll, compliance and disbursement issues
- Evolve payroll practices to prepare for company growth and to simplify employee interactions and streamline payroll processes
- Collaborate cross-functionally with business partners for process improvements and efficiencies
- Perform all year end responsibilities and any audit requests for payroll and benefits
- Review benefits reports to ensure accuracy of enrollment and terminations
- Review monthly benefit billings for accuracy of enrolled employees
- Assist with special projects and reporting as needed
- Assist with open enrollment
- Maintain all employee data in HRIS system
- Manage all data in the HRIS system including On-boarding & Off-boarding, employees in the HRIS system and forwarding benefits enrollment data to benefits providers
The ideal candidate will be a proactive and strategic, yet hands-on, self-starter who will have a people focused approach. We are seeking a candidate who will partner with key stakeholders and at the same time enjoy assisting employees to provide a great employee experience.
Pivotal Experience, Expertise & Personal Characteristics:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or related field
- Experience managing an in-house Payroll function for a high growth company
- Extensive knowledge in Payroll & Accounting procedures and Payroll Tax Laws & Regulations
- Prior experience working with ADP Workforce Now and HRIS system (preferably Zenefits) required
- Solid understanding of stock and equity disbursement and related tax implications
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, team environment with minimal supervision and a sense of urgency
Cosm is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.