Evans & Sutherland, a Cosm company, is the world's first computer graphics company and has developed advanced computer graphics technologies for over fifty years. Focusing primarily on digital planetariums and digital cinemas worldwide, E&S offers Digistar, the world's leading digital planetarium system, fulldome programs and production services, giant screen films formatted for fulldome theaters, premium-quality projection domes and theater design services
Cosm is a global technology company that builds end-to-end solutions for immersive experiences. We provide a full stack experience solution including the physical design, engineering, and manufacturing; as well as the software, display engine, and content needs to deliver immersive experiences at scale. Our technology enables people to experience entertainment in a new way, across three primary markets: Sports and Entertainment, Science and Education, and Parks and Attractions.
The Program Management team at Cosm oversees the on-time delivery of our technology products which deliver best-in-class experiences for our customers. We are looking for a talented Program Manager to drive projects, facilitate meetings, be a servant leader with exceptional communication and coordination skills to support our product development and engineering teams. You will be responsible for facilitating solutions, removing obstacles, and shielding the team from interruptions to assist the team with meeting their delivery goals.
REPORTS TO: VP, Program Management
- Collaborate closely with product, technology and design teams for completion of tasks, status reporting, financial reporting, schedules, scope and resource requirements gathering, etc.
- Develop detailed project plans, project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Enable the communication needs of the product teams, stakeholders and delivery teams with internal tools for knowledge sharing, document retention and governance
- Manage relationships and communication with project sponsors, senior management and a wide range of project contributors.
- Identify key barriers to a project's success and actively manage all mitigation activities
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques
- Design, maintain and improve the chosen project management tool (JIRA, Hive) & project dashboards
- Contribute to high-level strategic decisions with the rest of the Product, Engineering and Executive teams
- Stay on top of industry trends and emerging technologies
- Push the limits, try new approaches, take calculated risks, swing for the fences and proactively search for the best solutions and ideas in the marketplace
Do you have a passion for coordinating complex projects? and like to work closely with Product Managers and Engineering teams to help plan and track projects from initiation through deployment? We are seeking a passionate, hands-on and well-rounded Program Manager to lead various fast-growing programs for our Cosm Digistar and Interactive teams.
You have shown solid leadership, leading teams and programs to deliver successful outcomes. You will use industry standard methodologies for scheduling, tracking and execution of our projects as well as initiating, planning, and executing cross-functional programs.
You have proficient oral and written skills and are able to collaborate with a diverse group of people that have a broad range of skills. You can execute and deliver successfully in situations with implicit authority. Interaction and leadership across functional lines is critical. You will work with many partners and leaders to implement the right processes, and will be directly responsible for managing program delivery.
Pivotal Experience, Expertise & Personal Characteristics:
- 5+ years experience of planning, tracking and monitoring using Agile Principles
- 5+ years proven working experience in project handling in the information technology sector
- Agile Scrum / Kanban experience is mandatory and PMI/PMP is preferred
- Experience utilizing JIRA (or similar tools) to create Scrum boards, backlogs, dashboards, and to generate reports
- Demonstrated expertise in managing large-scale software applications. Hardware experience is a plus
- Ability to clearly communicate technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Able to communicate with various stakeholders at all levels of the organization
- Flexible and willing to adjust and adapt to changes in timeline and priorities
- You’re not afraid of an open, candid, and respectful work environment
- Passion for video live-streaming, sports or eSports is a plus. Extra credit for being a Star Wars fan!
- Basic knowledge of Unity/Unreal or similar game engines is a plus
Evans & Sutherland, a Cosm Company, is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.