Cosm is a global technology company that builds end-to-end solutions for immersive experiences. We provide a full stack experience solution including the physical design, engineering, and manufacturing; as well as the software, display engine, and content needs to deliver immersive experiences at scale. Our technology enables people to experience entertainment in a new way, across three primary markets: Sports and Entertainment, Science and Education, and Parks and Attractions.
About LiveLike VR
LiveLike VR is a global leader in live immersive sports and entertainment production and distribution, and streaming architecture for partners around the world. Their production portfolio includes the world’s biggest events working with partners such as FOX Sports, FIFA, Telemundo, IPL, UEFA, Sky, BBC, FranceTV, and more.
They empower rights holders and broadcasters to deliver immersive, interactive and social experiences to consumers digitally via headsets (HMDs) and mobile platforms.
We are actively looking for people with experience in content and technical operations and with a passion for streaming technologies to help manage and deliver content across our VR applications. We put strong emphasis on individual ownership and value engineers who take pride in working over the full life cycle of a project.
- Organizing and managing content delivery for our CMS.
- Writing code to ingest content, parse data feeds, and automate processes.
- QA content and assets and ensuring on-time delivery to our apps.
- Managing content publishing across a variety of apps and platforms.
- Influencing and building upon the design of our web and mobile SDK’s.
- Interfacing with stakeholders and senior management.
- Researching and applying new technologies and best practices.
- Designing and creating efficient RESTful endpoints for both internal and public consumption
- Releasing projects across 4 continents to meet the needs of our clients—the world's top sports leagues and broadcasters.
- Monitoring always-on globally-distributed systems armed with a variety of tools and insights.
The ideal candidate also has some familiarity with Content Management systems like Django or Wordpress and is comfortable writing code for both the frontend and backend. As a Software Engineer you will iterate on new features / enhancements with our Product and Content teams, to write quality well-tested code, and to work towards delivering the best experience for our customers. If you think you’ve got the skills and are up for the challenge then consider this your calling.
Pivotal Experience, Expertise & Personal Characteristics:
- 3-4+ years experience as a Backend or Full stack Engineer.
- B. Tech degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience using common CMS products such as Django, Wordpress, etc.
- Experience with streaming technologies is a big plus (ex: FFMPEG, NGINX, Wowza, knowledge of codec and streaming protocols).
- Experience writing code with Python, Node.js (Typescript preferred), Go, Rust, or similar languages..
- Experience using container based technologies (docker, kubernetes) a plus.
- 1-2+ years experience working with SQL and NOSQL database systems.
- Driven to automate your processes and document your work.
- You’re not afraid of an open, candid, and respectful work environment
Cosm is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.